Community post

Discussion

BFN now depressed.

I thought I had what was a positve on 8 dpo but now i'm 11 dpo and I haven't gotten a bfp since. I feel pregnant, and then I feel out. idk what we did wrong, we BD'd 3/6 fertile days. We missed the day I O'd by hours, maybe that's it IDK, but now I keep seeing people on facebook finding out they're pregnant and it's making me even more depressed. I had symptoms like I did with dd #1 and that "just feeling pregnant" feeling, plus heartburn and about 10 and 11 dpo i've had AF like cramps but not as strong just dull but there. but i'm getting BFN's. My period is due Sunday (I have 30 day cycles, but O'd on CD 14 according to cervical mucus) So my period isn't due for 6 more days, but i'm just feeling more out than ever. I don't know why I feel so depressed, and it's only our 1st month trying and I feel like giving up hope already. I guess it boils down to when I had DD 2-7-11 I got the depo shot, I bled for 6 months and got my normal periods back in Jan of this year, but we have had unprotected sex for 7 months now, and he has just been pulling out so i've somehow convinced myself that I can no longer have any kids, and i'm just sitting her crying because all of this is making me so depressed, can anyone give me just a little bit of hope? I'm so emotional, so I do apologize if this was longer than necessary.

8 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Replies

THe only person that can really give you peace of heart and comfort you is Christ. Maybe that is why we are going through this.. we're depending on all these factors and bodily functions and tests to make us happy when REALLY they can't.. Only with Christ and His love can we be truly happy.. And maybe He is putting us through this to show us that we need Him... Like He did with Job... Turn to the Bible.. Turn to God.

"Whatever is to be, must be" - Bob Marley

11 years ago

I'm so sad to read your words AFarley74, as I know exactly how you are feeling. But tomorrow is a new day, and next month is a new cycle. Maybe you can just see this as the perfect opportunity to get everything just right in terms of your timing. Remember that even when everything is JUST right, you still don't get pregnant every time.

I read a really great book called The Impatient Women's Guide to Getting Pregnant. I really recommend it to you. It tells you which techniques to try for maximizing your efforts, and which ones are just old wives tales. For me, it gave me some things to try so that I feel hopeful about improving my chances next month. Like you, I'm at the end of my cycle, but I just know I'm out this month. AF is due Thursday, and I feel her coming. But I'm gonna get everything right this coming month, and for the next three months. Then I'm going to see my doctor if I still havent gotten my BFP.

You might need a few months to have everything work... That's normal, and it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you! So hang in there, and read that book!!

11 years ago

Thank you both for responding.

And to Beatricebythesea I have actually been eyeing that book for my kindle but I think I might just have to go ahead and get it!! And you're right I think if this month i'm not pregnant i'm going to try and do things better next month, I might give OPK's a try, and maybe charting and see how that works, if not that month then maybe the next month we'll just let it happen. Thank you so much, I do feel a tad bit better, and feel like clinging onto a tiny bit of hope for this month, but you know what if it doesn't happen this month then there is always next month. Thank you.

11 years ago • Post starter

Please try to stay positive - 11 DPO is still way too early to tell for most tests. Most people don't get any symptoms until they are actually quite a few weeks pregnant so there is still a good chance your BFP will come :)

In saying that I am 9DPO and this is my 4th month TTC#2 and I am going insane!!! So I totally understand how you are feeling... I did a test today and also got a BFN :(

Maybe this will be the month for all of us??? Baby dust!!

xx

11 years ago

Afarley74 - you sound EXACTLY like me! All the way down to the testing early, getting a BFN and then getting super depressed. I'm also due for AF on Sunday and have 30 day cycles. I'll be your wingman! Don't give up hope!

J

11 years ago

It might have been too early to test. You said AF isn't due for 6 more days (I guess 4 now since you posted 2 days ago) That's still early to test. So just wait it out.

Good luck!

User Image

11 years ago

Hon, I wouldn't worry too much. I'm 10m days late for AF, failed 4 tests, have too many signs. I went to the drs because my period is normall 30 days, and although he couldnt do a test there checked water sample for infection and it came back that i have protein in it. Dr said its a good chance I am preg and i could still get bfn until i'm 6 weeks pregnant. everyones body reacts dif, so chemical build up can take a long time. I know people who have been 12 weeks preg and still got bfn off hpt.
hope this helps

11 years ago

Don't give up it will happen in time.I'm praying for you:)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo