Community post

Discussion

feeling UP :)

View Full Post

hey ladies started a new post :)

update from me soz been busy wk
Lots of gd things been happening for a change
My DH should have work local atleast till the end of the year so thats alot of stress away for now
I had a appointment with the gynaecologist on wednesday there got few tests done, i am on 3 waiting lists 1 is for a HSG xray to check i have no blockages in my tubes (should get that within the next 3 months), the other 2 are long waiting lists one for IUI treatment and another for IVF but i was pleased with the doctor and feel like things will keep moving forward
Also on CD 38 atm but i refuse to test until friday which will be CD 43 coz a few months ago i had a 39 day cycle and got a so ill be patient fingers crossed

Hope everyone else is doing well

Baby dust all round x

173 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 173 Replies | Last Page

I had a really early positive OPK this month on day 10. Really surprised me! But my us showed a good follicle so it was welcomed! Not sure that it worked out but we shall see!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

11 years ago

hey dolphin1204 fingers crossed for you

i jst cnt seem to get into the swing of opks and temps started testing today (day 9) so will see what happens this month

hope everyone is doing ok

baby dust

11 years ago • Post starter

Any news Dolphin?

I am sorry that I have not been here in a long time. Life has been crazy lately.

AFM- we have offically started our first IVF cycle! I have really high hopes and I hope by the begining of May we will have some wonderful news to report. Currently, I am on BC and Luepron. I will only be on BC for 1 more day and Luepron for another 8 days. Then the stim will start. Around mid April the retrival will happen, then fingers crossed we will have a lot of good eggs that turn into heathly embryos to transfer the following week!!

Good luck to all and...

User Image

11 years ago

mela0054

Welcome back Mela! So how long start to finish will your IVF first round be? How many appts etc? I want to know all the details! We are pretty close to making our decision on IVF if the next few rounds don't pan out!

wilsonc I hope you get a hang of it soon! You will learn a lot about your cycles and your body by doing them. Plus it is the cheapiest and easiest way of learning about your body whill TTC. It may not seem that way at times but anything beyond OPKS, temping, and BDing on your own is more expensive and a lot more trying on your soul!

Well I am 2DPO now. I had an U/S on Wed last week that showed one mature follicle but thin lining, which I have never had happen before. So I took estrodial for two days and triggered on Friday. I ovulated sometime Saturday. I was in lots of pain! It wasn't very fun! Anyone else get lots of pain with ovulation? I feel like a million bucks now though that the first part of the cycle is over. Now I just have to wait until the HCG is out of my system and start to test.

11 years ago

Okay so here is the information regarding my IVF cycle:
3/15- Started BC
3/24- Lupron and BC
3/27- Last BC pill continue with Lupron
4/3- reduce lupron start stim medications- Menopur and Follistim.
4/5- lab
4/7, 4/9 and 4/11- Ultrasound- all while still on lupron, menopur and follistim.
After utrasound find out when to give HCG trigger shot.
Week of April 15th- Egg retrieval
Week of April 22nd- Embryo Transfer
9 Days after transfer- pregnancy blood test.
Hopefully we will get the greatest news of our life in early May!
I will keep everyone posted on how this process goes for us.
Good luck to all!!

User Image

11 years ago

good luck mela!!

I'm sure it's all a little scary, but exciting too I'm sure!

Got everything crossed for you!!

11 years ago

Mela
Just a little over a month huh? Thats good! So how have the symptoms been? I am worried about an IVF cycle as I have a lot of pain and random symptoms just on Clomid or Femera.

AFM WE have been talkng about moving on to IUI. We called our insurnace to see about the details. Well it turns out once we move onto IUI or IVF we will become official diagnosed with Infertility on paper. Which means all of what they are paying for now will never be paid for again. If we were to just pay out of pocket without consulting our insurance company and getting labeled infertile and a viable pregnancy was a result they wouldn't pay for any of the maternity care either... So yeah we are going to wait a few more rounds of just meds/triggers...

11 years ago

KLS2010- Thanks! I hope all goes great for you too!

dolphin1204- That was the same for my DH and I. It really sucks and I shed a lot of tears over that. I think the first piece was being offically labeled infertile and the second was the money. If you need to go to IUI or IVF my suggestion is to really wiegh the options. We did one round of IUI and that didn't work plus it cost us $3000 out of pocket!! I would suggest to talk to your doc but, I would put that $3000 towards IVF because your chances of a baby go way way up. When the first IUI didn't take, we talked to the doc and she said it would be better for us to put that money towards IVF, if that was the route we were going to go anyway. Just a tip I received that I am hoping will pay off in a few short weeks.

AFM- No pain or anything yet but, I will keep everyone posted because I start stim tomorrow. Once I start that I get to see the Doc everyother day...lol! The nice thing about that is, the time will fly by...well probally until the TTW. Hugs!

User Image

11 years ago

Mela
Yeah I am thinking we will forgo the IUI all together. It just seems like a waste of money if we are headed towards IVF any way. I also assume that we would be looking at spending about $3000 for an IUI cycle which can be about 1/4 of the cost of IVF. Does your clinic have a guarntee for your IVF or your money back after so many rounds? How did the first day of stims go? So you take shots like 3 times a day right?

11 years ago

dolphin1204-My clinic offers many plans that couples can choose from and one of them was 6 rounds of IVF (3 fresh cycles and 3 frozen cycles) and if it does not work then 75% of your money is returned to you. However, we did not go that way because I am under 35, they can't figure out what is wrong and we have a 65% success rate. We decided to gamble and save some money upfront and the odds of it being successful is on out side.
Yes, right now I am on 3 shots per day (2 in the morning and one at night). It really is not that bad. I was surprised at how easy it is and I Hate (with a capital H) shots.

Good Luck!

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo