Community post

Discussion

feeling UP :)

View Full Post

hey ladies started a new post :)

update from me soz been busy wk
Lots of gd things been happening for a change
My DH should have work local atleast till the end of the year so thats alot of stress away for now
I had a appointment with the gynaecologist on wednesday there got few tests done, i am on 3 waiting lists 1 is for a HSG xray to check i have no blockages in my tubes (should get that within the next 3 months), the other 2 are long waiting lists one for IUI treatment and another for IVF but i was pleased with the doctor and feel like things will keep moving forward
Also on CD 38 atm but i refuse to test until friday which will be CD 43 coz a few months ago i had a 39 day cycle and got a so ill be patient fingers crossed

Hope everyone else is doing well

Baby dust all round x

173 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 173 Replies | Last Page

Good to hear your parents came around wilsonc. My fear in telling our parents is that they will be very judgemental and want to tell us what to do. My mother in law especially likes to think she knows whats best in any situation. Love her to death but she can get on my nerves! How come they are making you wait so long for that treatment? I would go nutz! We will be in our 3rd year starting this April so maybe the 3rd year will do the trick for us too!

That is good news mela0054! I wish you tons of when you start IVF! Share with us all the details as I may be headed that way in 2013 too!
for being able to drink over the holidays! I will be right there with you! Not that I am a huge drinking but I like to have a drink once in a while and not having to worry about TTC when drinking takes some stress off!!

AFM I actually had a good ovulation with a clear temp rise this month which is great! No unprotected ing of course because of our trip.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

11 years ago

Ladies I'm going crazy. I took a random first response test the other day... 2 days ago. Totally POSITIVE. Took a test the next day... absolutely negative. I'm trying to figure out if I managed to get the only defective first response test in the entire state of Mississippi and somehow got a false positive.... or WTF happened. How can I be preggo one day, and not the next with no bleeding. I swear I'm going insane.

Me: 27 PCOS DH: 25 Fine and dandy November 2011 First round of 50mg Clomid. December 22 !!! January 1 2012 m/c @7 weeks - Clomid 50mg round #2 Feb 2012. 21 day progesterone level at a 3 !!! Another m/c at 5 weeks - Clomid 100mg April - June epic fail - July Femara/Ovidril It worked!!! - Sept - .... lost a genetically healthy baby boy

11 years ago

So redshadoe0 whats the verdict?

11 years ago

Well we went to our appt today and it was mostly good. I am going to do another HSG as he wanted us both to be reassured that my right tube wasn't blocked if we decide to do another couple of femera or clomid rounds before moving onto other things. He did say that since I responded so well to clomid and ferma that by doing injectables I am at a high risk for multiples. So we may skip from clomid/femera right to ivf later in 2013 to get passed that risk. Scary thought as IVF is expensive and can be time consuming. So it is good to know my body responds well and I am an excellent candidate for IVF. But the thing I am stuck on, and I know I am going to have to just get over it, is that I wanted this process to be easier. I want to , POAS, get a , start my docotors appts at the normal time, and have a , with an adorable baby to show for it. So needless to say we got into the car I burst into tears but was happy at the same time! for being infertile....

11 years ago

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!

11 years ago

Hey dolphin1204

Hope u had a gd xmas ,
i have been really busy with work so not had much time to go online
The reason for me having such long waiting times is because i live in the uk and private health care is too expensive, the down side to the nhs healthcare is we only get one free shot of ivf, 3 shots of iui (which we wont get unless the dh count goes up), 6 months clomid (which they wont give us if his count wont go up) after that we have to pay and we just cant afford it and cant get insurance because i have been diagnosed with a fertility problem
We have to go back and see my gyne in june to check my dh's count hopefully it goes up (if it has dropped they will freeze samples for the ivf next year) i am going to start charting my temps and doing ovulation tests to see if my body is working

how are you hope u are doing ok

baby dust x

11 years ago • Post starter

Hi dolphin1204 and wilsonc, I hope you ladies and everyone else had a great holiday season.

Dolphin1204- I can relate to how you are feeling! I have been fighting those same emotions. The good news is I met with my cousin who had IVF done and is due in March and she said there are a lot of us. Some with explained issues and some with not. We are a lot more common then we think. This gave me some hope, I hope it helps you.

AFM- My DH and I met with the center for reproductive medicine doc and we are going to start IVF in march, well Feb with all the blood work and additional swimmer test. CRM has a 60% take home baby rate because we are under the age of 35! This % is with each IVF treatment!! So that is really exciting! We are really hopefull and will need to take out a loan but, a little bundle of joy is worth it! I will keep everyone updated on hoe this journey goes for us.

User Image

11 years ago

Welcome back all!

Good luck with all that is to come with your IVF mela0054! Keep us posted!

wilsonc keep me posted on your opks and temps! Keep at it as it can get overwhelming at first! It gets easier I promise! Also look into natural ways to increase DH's count! I have heard of some good success stories!

AFM Well our vacation we had been waiting 10 monthes for has come and gone! It was a blast! So nice to destress! Now it is back to time for me! My 2nd HSG went way better than my first! Thank god! The results were great too both tubes are clear and everything looks good! I will call when I get my next period which should be mid Feb to start another round of drugs. We are going to do the drugs for a few more tries before moving on to IVF. So I am praying and for good results the next few months! I am so ready for this journey to begin again! I am also ready for it to end asap too!!

to all!

11 years ago

hey dolphin1204,
glad to hear your 2nd HSG went well :) hopefully you can get a bfp soon and dont have to go for ivf
any
I started doing my temps and opks but so confused about it all tbh i am not sure what your temp should be when you ovulate and when i looked online it said for a few days your temp will go up by 0.1 % this happened i tested and got a negative , tested for a few days in a row at the same time of day the best result i got was a very faded pink line which the test pack says is a negative

Could anyone help me with the temps plz the thermometer i have reads in celcius

thanks

hope u are all doing well

oh and thanks dolphin1204 , my dh is taking tablets to try help his count and on a healthy diet plus he is home from working away and working local again in 5 wks cant wait :)

11 years ago • Post starter

wilsonc here are a few tips for you. Bascially OPKS start before you ovulate and tell you when you should ovulate and Temping tells you after the fact if you did ovulate or not.

OPKS: If you have a normal 28 day cycle or close to a 28 day cycle (26-31) start testing on day 9 and test until you get a positive and a few days after a positive. You will get a positive result once you are within 24-36 hours of ovulation. You will most likely continue to get a positive until you have actually ovulated.

â?¢If you do not test every day from before you expect to be most fertile, you may miss the surge. Likewise, if you test too late, you may miss the surge. Also, it may not be possible to tell if you are about to ovulate or if you just ovulated since you will have increased LH in both cases. Usually, though, the positive OPK means that you are about to ovulate.

â?¢Testing daily once you have started to test is the best strategy since your first positive OPK result probably means that you are about to ovulate and your last positive OPK, if you get more than one, may mean that you just ovulated.

Temping: Temping will not tell you when you ovulate until you already have ovulated. Temps will be confusing at first and may not be completely accurate until you have done it for a while as you get more used to do it and not forget to do it.

â?¢Take your temperature just as you wake up in the morning, before doing anything else.
â?¢Take your temperature at the same time every morning, or as close to the same time as possible. Note the time.
â?¢Take your temperature after a solid few hours of sleep.
â?¢Enter your data on your chart or bedside notepad as soon after taking your temperature as possible.

In most cases, you are able to see a biphasic pattern on your chart after ovulation has taken place. That is, you will have lower pre-ovulation temperatures and higher post-ovulation temperatures. Your temperature may rise slowly in increments, or quickly, or it may even rise and fall slightly over several days. The rise in temperature is usually about 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.2 degrees Celsius, but the rise may be as slight as 0.2 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.1 degrees Celsius or even less in some cases. Great variability is possible.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions! Also if you feel comfortable make your chart visable on here and I will take a look at it and tell ya what I think! Oh and YEAH!! For DH being closer!!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo