Community post

Discussion

CD#5- TTC Jitters :( Cycle Buddy, where are youuu

After thinking, I'm actually not sure if actually "trying" to conceive is the best idea. All I read are how people get pregnant, when they actually stop trying.
I've actually had a close girlfriend tell me that as well, it took her a year of trying and she got pregnant, when she gave up,
I'm not not wanting to put myself in that situation, worrying, wondering every month, then the let down, I've read about. & Of course, lived through. We'd hoped it would happen when we stopped being protected but we hid our thoughts until one day, my DP told me he was disappointed it hadn't happened yet. I agreed, and that's actually how we decided we'd like to try.
I'm thinking about all of this because it's my CD#5 so it's time to start trying...soon. I'm off to buy some OPK's and starting to doubt the method, of trying so hard.

User Image User Image*credit to who need it. to those starting out. & to those who've survived this journey.

3 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Hi Waiting4MySunshine! I'm on my CD11 but I would still like to be cycle buddies if you'll have me . I've felt & read the same things you mentioned about "not trying" and the possibility of getting pregnant sooner. I thought I would save myself the grief/disappointment others were going through if we just "casually" TTC, so not to stress myself out. While this approach has worked for many, after 2 years of nothing even close to a positive test result (not even a clear evap!) I've decided, for me, it was time to take a more aggressive approach. Which is what brings me to this site. I'm in no way trying to discourage you from taking a more relaxed approach to all of this, in fact I think it is an excellent idea and worth a try for every female who is TTC. For some, all it takes is just to relax a little..and who knows, maybe I wasn't as relaxed as I thought I was for those 2 years. Either method you choose, I'll be praying you get your BFP this cycle!!!

11 years ago

How are you both getting on?

Lia xx

User Image

11 years ago

Hi LiaLatchem!! I've had better days, but I'm hanging in there..I haven't been on much the last 2 days because I found out Wednesday (at my pap appointment) that I have multiple uterine fibroids, multiple ovarian cysts, and cervical scar tissue from some procedures I had 10 years ago so it's likely that DH's swimmers aren't even making it past my cervix... Oh and coincidently, Wednesday was also my O day! So needless to say I've been feeling discouraged. But I believe God doesn't make mistakes and I just need to trust his plans for me. It may not be the same plans I had for me, but He knows best.

So anyhow, I just entered my 2WW as I am 2DPO today. Stomach not feeling very settled but it's been feeling that way since after my appointment Wednesday so I'm sure it is stress related I see you are 1DPO, how are your symptoms coming along?

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo