Community post

Discussion

Hoping for an April baby

Well after miscarrying in May & not getting pregnant in June, really hoping this is the month for us. Hubby was born in April and we were married in April, so really thinking April is a good month for our baby ;) Counting down the days to O!!

158 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by informative)

1 - 10 of 158 Replies | Last Page

Hoping for an April baby here too....hubby and I have been trying for #1 for almost 2 years now with no luck. Unfortunately I hurt my knee at work last week, which is going to make it hard to bd but I'm willing to have a little pain if it means that this month is the month. Really hoping the stress of injuring myself doesn't mess up my cycle though, I'm notorious for that. Lol. Lots of luck and !

11 years ago

Hello Ladies,
I am joining your group if that is ok. Today I found out I had a chemical pregnancy, I was 4wks 6days along. I'm pretty devastated and my dh is trying so hard to be there,but he just doesn't know what to say....

We've only been trying to conceive since April 2012, but I'm pretty devastated. Especially, since I thought this pregnancy was my dream come true. My bestfriend is (she still is preggers) one week ahead of me. I was so excited for our journey together.

I'm trying to make peace with it and the possibility that my body knew the embryo was not healthy, but I can't help but feel deep sadness and disappointment. I want to look forward to April 2013 and feel strong enough to remain optimistic for our future as a family.

It's not just the ttc or the tww, it's the whole journey that take so much faith and strength.

DH (39) Me (33) Married since June 2011 TTC #1 since April 2012 CP July 2012 User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies,

Tis the right thread finally. Pinkbride and Baby3please, sorry about your losses.
Am also praying for an April baby. My birthday is in April and i think it would be super cool if i could share it with my second child.

Well, here's to a fruitful July!! And lots of to all.

Am on CD 1 myself..... is around but am not letting her get me down.

11 years ago

pinkbride2011 I am the positive reinforcement u need :) I miscarried 1 month before conceiving my 2nd child. and I was almost 3 months. the farther along u r the harder it is to have to start all over, but let me tell u, all we want r healthy babies right :) this time I cried the night I read the test say negative after a week of positives, but my wonderful husband said "don't worry honey, we know we can get pregnant, it will happen again" he's awesome! we too have been trying since April. got pregnant on our 2nd attempt, we were stoked. but I know miscarriages happen for a reason and was so glad it happened a month in instead of 3. keep ur head up & keep trying. the good thing is u know u r both fertile! baby dust to all of us here :) I should be ovulating around the 19th so lets try harder then we have this month ladies :)

11 years ago • Post starter

Thank you for the sentiments ladies! It is a new day and a new opportunity!

baby3please, thank you so much for your encouragement! You and your wise dh are so right. At least we know we CAN conceive and I am grateful it happened sooner rather than later. That must have been devastating, but your positive outlook speaks volumes about your character. Despite my somewhat Debbie Downer post yesterday, I like to keep things optimistic and find the silver lining.... so I'm on to cycle #4 and looking forward to the possibilities.

I'm counting my blessings. My husband is so amazing, he may not have had the words to say, but he brought home flowers, sushi and a nice bottle of wine (I had 3 glasses, lol).

The other thing I'm taking from this... I may need a new ob-gyn. I was told to take a month off from trying and not to test before 21dpo anymore if I don't want to be disappointed. But, if I'm vomitting (as I was) I'm going to try to figure out what is wrong with me. Why would I need to stop trying? It all just seemed a little insensitive. I'm worried if they're this insensitive early on, how uncomfortable will they make me when I'm crazy hormonal or delivering? I'll admit I'm probably a bit of a high maintenance patient, but when it comes to medical stuff, I don't like to feel like my dr is dismissive. Anyone have opinions on selecting and ob-gyn? What characteristics do you find helpful, comforting and necessary?

DH (39) Me (33) Married since June 2011 TTC #1 since April 2012 CP July 2012 User Image

11 years ago

Hi ladies, I'm also hoping this is my month.. Been ttc for 9 months now for baby no.4.... Had no probs with 2 DD and DS. Since then I have had 1 mc and cervical surgery so it's proving tricky this time around! So far I've only done the bd routine, so this month I'm starting OPKs too... Would be great to have some like minded people to post OPK and HPT results with!

User Image

11 years ago

I wish you all luck and I hope for lots of April babies. I will also try to get pregnant this moth. April isnt one of my favourites months, but I ll be glad to finally become my angel.

11 years ago

where is everyone else at in their cycles? I should be ovulating on the 19th woohoo

I'm due to ovulate on 25th I think, but this is my first month OPK'ing so not entirely sure! Can't wait to start the 2ww, even tho it's agonising at least by then it's too late to do anything else about it! Xx

User Image

11 years ago

Lia even without OPK's you can go by your menstrual cycle. I do both. I am a 28 day cycle so I usually ovulate around the 14th day of my cycle. First day of my last period was the 6th which puts me to ovulate on the 19th. So I usually start with the OPK's like 2 days before that to just kind of double check :-)

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo