Community post

Discussion

Trying to Stave off Insanity

View Full Post

So I guess I've been here for almost and year and have more or less just used the calendar and tracking tools. Time to step out of my box so I stop feeling like I'm alone when I know I'm not.

I was crushed when AF showed up yesterday morning.
Then today we got word that our best friends who were TTC #2 have already achieved success after just a month or 2.

There is no comparison. All the bloodwork, HSG, DH's stuff has all come out perfect. Nothing is physically or hormonally an issue.

LEEPS many years ago may be a partial road block - so tomorrow I take my first Femera pill as we prepare for IUI hopefully soon.

My cycles in the last 10 months have ranged from 32 to 40 days. THe Idea of ovulating in the teen days versus the twenties seems surreal. I am hoping to make some new friends and to be able to share success and maybe learn some ways to keep my mind occupied. We are going to a wedding this coming weekend - we won't be able to be active much while away - which is a bit frustrating. But I will be hopeful.

We will achieve a BFP in 2012. I can do this without going crazy.

Thanks for letting me Babble

106 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 106 Replies | Last Page

Good evening ladies! I followed your lead Northern, and I had a beer tonight with my softball team after our game. That is definitely the bright side of AF coming on Thursday! I also ate a bunch of junk, which I'd been laying off all month. All in all, it was a fun night.

BeccaLynn, your afghan sounds beautiful. I bet DH won't mind so much once you are making an afghan for your own baby!! Your parents sound so sweet. And they are so excited to be grandparents! Luckily for me, my sister already gave my parents two grandchildren, so the pressure is off of me. Which is good, because I put enough pressure on myself! Actually,one of my favorite things in the world is watching my parents be grandparents. They are so cute! I hope you get to see that very soon!

Northern, how many more cycles do you think you will try before heading to IUI? If BeccaLynn is successful this month, I bet you will really be motivated to try it out! Go BeccaLynn!

11 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome girls! Good for you Beatrice! Might as well induldge and eat junk while you can. I'm still holding out a tiny bit of hope for a BFP on Thursday. I caved and tested mid-day today and got a BFN and my bbs are getting sore now, so AF is more than likely on her way but still hoping...

I'm going to wait until at least next summer for IUI, as we're living somewhere really remote until next spring. It just wouldn't be feasilbe. So, I'm taking this time until then to focus on being as healthy and happy as I can be and see if it happens naturally.

BeccaLynn, I'm glad your tww is going quickly. It does help for sure to be able to come on her to vent and read about others going through the same emotions and roller coaster ride.

User Image

11 years ago

ARGH - TODAY SUCKS Ladies!!!! I am LOSING my MIND or what little of it I had under my control.

I woke up at 2:30am having to pee so bad it hurt (Normally wake up around 4 so this was different).

And this morning one of my labia is slightly swollen (sorry for the TMI) a little bit of research this morning told me it could be a sign of infection or a possible sign of pregnancy. Seriously could I be showing any signs at only 3 DPO?

My stomach is a mess - I am so queasy/nauseated it isn't funny and I took some tums and it made it worse.

Boss is taking us out to happy hour - we leave here at 3:45.... I think I'm having a glass of wine as a relaxant/distraction and just enjoy the time with my co-workers.

Thank you Beatrice - my parents are sweethearts and I am their one and only - there isn't a feeling of pressure - but it does all feel very surreal.

Northern - I admire you strength in deciding to wait - I hit a point after a year and half where it was too hard to wait and I needed to find out if it was me stressing out or if something was really wrong. And the truth is - probably me stressing for the most part.

*DEEP BREATH* Okay I have a lot to get done today. I can do this and no upset stomach is going to stop me!!!

Have a great day ladies and have an extra beer for me :-D

11 years ago • Post starter

Yikes, BeccaLynn, hope it's not an infection and you feel better soon! Do you think it could be related to the IUI procedure - maybe you should call the clinic?

Also, I just finished reading the Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant, and the author says that there aren't any statistics to back up the idea that stress stops you from conceiving - so at least you don't have to stress about being stressed! Not sure I would consider myself strong for waiting - it's really just not feasible (2 day drive to town from where I live - when the road is passable). Anyhow, I wasn't looking after myself very well for much of the last couple years, so I'm hoping that taking a break from work and being physically and mentally healthy and positive is going to help - along with all the supplements we're taking! My SO doesn't have the best swimmers...

Go ahead and have that glass of wine tonight! Everything I've read says not to worry about the occassional drink, especially in the first week after Oing. Not sure where you are at, but one glass on one occassion isn't going to harm anything.

Hope your day goes quickly and keeps you distracted!

User Image

11 years ago

Thank you Nothern.

I understand health things - when DH and I got married - I had what they called an autoimmune firestorm - my liver almost failed due to Auto-Immune Hepetitis, found out I had Auto-Immune Hypothryoidism, Celiac Disease (which is also auto-immune), PAN - An autoimmune condition that affected the small ateries under my skin in my legs - hurt like mad!, and then to top is all off an Auto-Immune ear infection in both ears. All of that happened in about 18 months.

I have since been given a clean bill of health (within the last 2 years) am off all immune suppresants and have been told all issues are in Remission and Pregnancy is an OK thing - as it will help keep my immune system suppressed for a bit.

I'm on a TWW after my first IUI forum and got a very negative response to the idea of a drink tonight - but I think I'm going to do it.

The swollen thing is something that has happened to me since childhood - its been just over a year since it happened last - so I'm not too worried yet, but will keep an eye on it.

I am hoping to start in on a yoga class next weekend - if I get along with the instructor I might talk to her about at home (Hopefully prenatal) sessions. I'm about 30lbs over my ideal weight - not horrible - but hubby would like to see me loose some and know pregnancy and trying isn't necessarily going to make that happen but I can get healthier to deal with the process better.

Okay - I've babbled enough - gots plenty of work to try and get done.

Hope you have a GREAT DAY!!!

And here's to a

BeccaLynn, the swelling makes sense then - sorry you have these health issues but glad they are in remission. Hopefully it stays that way!

Don't worry about the drink. My doctor's advice was to use common sense and don't go crazy, but that a drink during the tww is ok. I still try to abstain in the last week of it but I occassionally have a glass of wine with dinner in the first week. Keep your caffeine down to one cup (or none) a day though as it can result in a chemical preg.

And yoga! I started doing it at home with dvds, but fell out of the habit. Must get back into it. Definitely give it a try. When I first tried it, I was so annoyed at myself for not doing it sooner!

AFM, well, I think I'm out for this round. Tested this morning (14 dpo) and got a BFN. Temps are still up (very high actually), but I'm spotting a bit more than yesterday. The odd thing is that I don't have any cramps and my bbs are barely even sore. Usually they are so painful. I dunno...maybe it's because of the new supplements I'm on and because I'm not taking progesterone this cycle (but that should make my temp lower). I get so frustrated trying to figure out what my body is doing.

User Image

11 years ago

Wow, this has just been one of those days! I finally got a chance to sit down and rest, and catch up on my forums!

BeccaLynn, I just can't imagine everything that you have been through! Autoimmune disorders are so perplexing! But I'm glad to hear that everything is in remission for you. I hope you are feeling better this evening. You are definitely fine to have one drink per day if the egg hasn't implanted yet!

Well, tomorrow is the first day of my next cycle, I'm pretty sure. I ordered a clear blue easy fertility monitor, so I'm excited to try that this month. The Impatient Woman's Guide says that you should aim for BDing two and one day before ovulation, so I'm thinking the monitor should help me anticipate that. Go August!

11 years ago

Hi ladies, I hope your all doing well, I read your post and I hope you don't mind if I hop in.

Becca, Hopefully the TWW will pass soon and you will get good news soon!
I have been trying a year and its not been an easy journey...I find it interesting about how both you and SIL are going through similar things... My husband is a twin..but he has a twin sister... over the years I have seen some interesting things... it is like they are competing with out KNOWing it.... we just bought a house but while we were looking... they apparently were also looking.... and found one the same time we did... It was kinda crazy how we were always in competion with out really knowing we were... but anyways when we first started trying... SIL got pregant (with out trying and believe she was even preventing) I was hurt, jealous...but I eventually got to a place where I was okay with it...but SIL had a m/c and so I kept trying... and few months ago...I found out she is expecting again...but this time everything is going well. This journey has been difficult at times... but I keep my head up and I have Faith that I will some day be blessed.

I went in for my talk with my doctor about our next steps, I was suppost to take Femara this cycle... but the pharmacy/insurance is putting up a stink about it...and I can't afford to pay full price for it...so maybe things will get situatied so I can take it next cycle. My Doctor wants me to do the Dye test...and Hubby the S.A. but I am putting it off to next month...we are moving this month and I am already stressed enough as it is... plus hubbys working out of town...

Beatrice, I am sure with honeys crazy shedules it can make it hard to try at times.. I know my hubby works crazy schdules sometimes...and it can make it hard... but hopefully O'v for your bday will be a good luck charm!
My Birthday is Next week, *sigh*

Northern, I may have to read that book sometime... but I hope your break will be good for you and supplements are good and maybe soon enough you will have your time.

11 years ago

Welcome Fluff - this is kind of fun and a nice developing support group :-D Didn't expect it off my journaling and I sure don't mind that you joined.

I'm pretty sure that SIL in my case has not been successful yet this month - Facebook pics of her chugging champagne for her B-day this past weekend. I do wish her luck though.

Beatrice - your B-day is definitely going to be a good luck thing for the next month.

Northern - I have Yoga videos and a TV set up in my craft room - just haven't been willing to clean up the mess I made back in June to make use of it. Here's to having even more motivation than normal to change that :-D

Well my DH has been coming home "so exhausted" He works out doors and I know his job if very physically demanding. I still find it highly amusing that I am up before him and heading to my day job in accounting - and up after him sitting on the love seat diligently trying to finish the afghan (If I can figure out how I'll post a picture) for my co-worker. Got the Yellow done last night and started the Green section. It is a "double" rainbow and will be a good sized play blanket. I was up about an hour after him last night and still got up before him.

My dreams are rather vivid and wake me up. When I have to get up to pee it is almost painful - that isn't typical - I do have to get up around 4am... but its waking me up at 2 and 3 now OI.

Anyway the bbs are bit tender today. At the Happy hour last night I ended up just having Strawberry lemonade - they served it in the same type of glasses the other ladies were served their margaritas so I still felt like I was part of the "in" crowd of co-workers. Speaking of which I better get back to it.

You ladies all have a wonderful day. Thank you for joining me - it helps the TWW go by a bit faster.

yup I'm in a whimsical mood today.

Hi everyone, i hope you don't mind me joining in on this thread?!

I believe that i am 11dpo. I initially thought that i was a bit more than this but i miscalculated. My periods are always "spot on" but last month it suddenly went a bit pear shaped. i have had a few twinges, but i am now convinced that girly time is on the way!!

I never thought that i would be stressing like this, constantly scanning my body for early pregnancy signs. i keep getting annoyed with myself. i just know that i am going to so upset when arrives. My hubby says that we should do a test but i really don't want too, because i don't want to see one little line.

I am also frustrated. Both of my siblings have conceived by accident.how does that bloody happen!!

Thank you for letting me sound off. I hope that you are all well and i'm looking forward to chats with you all.

x

11 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo