Community post

Discussion

PINEAPPLE

I also read that fresh pineapple has enzymes that help with implantation. How this is possible, I'm not sure...but there are so many wives-tales out there, you never know!

So...
Grapefruit juice cd1-ovulation.
Pineapple during your luteal phase.

Read more: Getting Pregnant Forum - Grapefruit Juice http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic95343.html#ixzz1yB5T9H00

12 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Replies | Last Page

eat pineapple during the TWW. Apparently there is an enzyme in it that helps aid in implantation. It has to be fresh pineapple not canned.

11 years ago • Post starter

pineapple is also said to help enduce labor!

Found this on wikianswers:
Pineapple is supposed to have an ingredient that helps thicken the uterine lining. There are various threads on the Internet regarding eating pineapple, but nothing really specific about how much or how it is prepared. One user did, however, comment that it is acidic and when she ate too much of a good thing, her mouth was sore for a week.

" I know that pineapple contains the enzime Bromelain (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromelain) , which can act as a blood thinner. Another blood thinner, Aspirin, is used in fertility treatments (www.sharedjourney.com/articles/aspi...) to improve circulation. This may increase blood suply to the necessary areas the body needs for implantation.
Regarding bromelain, it is mostly on the stem of the pineapple. Canned pineapple has no bromelain because it has been heated, so the fruit has to be eaten fresh.
Another note: Must be eaten with empty stomach, otherwise the bromelain is not absorbed by the blood, and instead, being an enzime, will aid to digest the food in your stomach."

Using Pineapple to Assist Implantation: Pineapple contains bromelain. Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that breaks up proteins that inhibit embryo implantation. Consuming a whole pineapple (focusing on the core as it has the highest concentration of Bromelain) during a fertility cycle can be beneficial.

For IVF cycle: consume equal amounts over five days, beginning on the day of your embryo transfer.

IUI cycle: consume equal amounts over five days, beginning on the day of your IUI.

Timed intercourse cycle: consume equal amounts over five days, beginning on the day after ovulation.

Note: Be careful not to start consuming pineapple too early in the cycle. Beginning to consume pineapple BEFORE the reccommended days above can actually affect your vaginal and cervical mucus PH, making it more acidic.

I was reading an article yesterday about ways to increase your chances of conceiving, and I did read something about pineapple and grapefruits helping during implantation. I hope this is true.

I have heard and read that you eat a peice of pinnapple core everyday for 5 days starting on 1dpo..and after that you should avoid pinapple as it can cause miscarriage..

It's the pineapple core that contains something called bromelain, that thins the blood and helps with implantation.

Pineapple Juice

Usage: There is an old wives' tale floating around that pineapple juice will help a fertilized egg implant. However, pineapple juice is not recommended for use in TTC and/or pregnancy. In large doses, it can cause uterine contractions and bring on spontaneous abortions (miscarriage).

Recommended Dosage: Drink only in small quantities, if at all.

Food Sources: Pineapples.

Side Effects: Large doses may cause uterine contractions, miscarriage, vomiting, diarrhea, skin rash, very heavy menstrual periods. Unripe pineapple is poisonous, causing excessive diarrhea.

Pinapple will raise pH.

DONT eat it till after Ov.Cause it can make your cm acidy and can harm sperm.After you O start it for 5 days.!!REMEMBER TO EAT THE CORE!!!LOL

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo