Community post

Question

On what DPO do you call it quits?

I know, I know, technically the jig isn't up until AF shows up! But after nearly one year of trying, I'm finding it really hard getting my hopes up each month, line spotting and testing all the time, thinking "it could still be positive later" at 10dpo or 12dpo just for it to come to nothing

I think after a certain point, for my own mental health, I need to start assuming a negative is negative and then being pleasantly surprised if AF doesn't show. Is there a point where you girls sort of think, it probably isn't happening this month? Not to be pessimistic but just to sort of manage the expectations. It feels like we've been going so long, so I should know better by now, but I'm still really hopeful every time and it just makes it much harder when AF does show.

TIA! And best of luck everyone

1 Answer • 1 year ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

I’d say by 12 DPO you're probably not pregnant but there are stories suggesting a week late on their AF and then BFP due to low rise hCG, miscalculation on OD, etc :)

Cat Turner

1 year ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo