Community post

Question

Question about pregnancy tests and their reliability

HI I know this is going to sound a bit crazy!!!! Im 47 and was sterilized 22 years ago, However, this month something strange happened, I appeared to have implantation bleeding for a few hours so i was a bit concerned something was not right, so i brought a pack of 2 Frer and they came back positive, I then brought tescos, clear blue and morrisons and co-op they all came back positive also, My periods are normally like clockwork and have not had any symptoms of peri menopause, but am now suffering really bad nausea, Is it possible they are all evaps? and yes i am now late. Thanks for any answers in advance.

3 Answers • 2 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Hi. Can you post the photos of your tests please. And anything is possible.

2 years ago

I just did another frer after 4 cups of coffee and came back positive again, I don't know how to put pics up but the lines on all the tests are visable. My husband thinks I am pregnant based on him looking at the tests, I also do not have my usual pms symptoms. The test lines are not dark btw but today's was darker than 2 days ago, oh and yes all the tests have colour and came up within time limit some as soon as 2min

2 years ago • Edited • Post starter

My understanding is that false positives are very rare for home pregnancy tests. Additionally, my coworker was told that if you had your tubes tied they can come untied after 10 years which is how she has a 16 year old and a 6 year old. I would call your doctor and try and get an appointment for a blood test or ultrasound to confirm.

2 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo