Community post

Question

Hcg rising too slow, but also speeding up??

A bit of background: Wonky periods / late ovulation are the norm for me. I've had 3 kids, due dates always pushed 2 weeks back after initial ultrasounds. I'm now 43, and just casually trying to have another, but not expecting much. I've had 3 early miscarriages in the last couple of years.

I had a very faintly positive test on Feb 11. First ultrasound was the 28th, and I figured based on the time between the initial test that we should see at least a yolk sac. All we saw was the gestational sac, which was tiny (2mm?) so I was sent for lab work.

Beta Hcg on the 28th was 2802. 48 hours later it was 3678, only a 31% increase. Doc decided to have another one done today, which came back as 5302 for a 44% increase.

I was sincerely expecting it to drop, and now I don't know what to think. Has anyone had this experience before?

0 Answers • 2 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo