Community post

Question

PCOS, HEAVY BLEEDING, POSITIVE TEST, THOUGHTS?

Background: I have PCOS, Have had 8 pregnancies now. #1-5 healthy pregnancies. #6 MC #7 healthy #8 ????‍??

Generally have a period once or twice a year. After starting the THM diet periods came every two-three months. Wasn’t tracking ovulation. Had a period October 20th. Then Jan 5 I began what I thought was another period! It was alarmingly heavy. I had to dump my period cup every 1-2 hrs as it would over flow I was bleeding so hard! Dark red blood, no clots, no cramps. Bleeding ended the 11th. Since I had had some breast tenderness and terrible headaches along with off and on brown spotting. Began to worry something’s was wrong so I schedule an appointment with an OBGYN to have a physical beginning of Feb.
On a whim I had the urge to check my cervix! My cervix was so tightly closed it made me take a pregnancy test! Figured the doctor might ask if I had tested, so why not! Well shockingly I got these positives. I have no idea what to think. My best guess is I may have ovulated prior to the heavy bleeding putting me around 4 wks 4 days when I got the positive, or I could have ovulated immediately after the bleeding making me 10dpo when I got the positive. I feel like the test is too dark for a 10dpo test, but I worry it isn’t dark enough for a 5 wk (or farther along) test either. And how could I have a healthy pregnancy after having such heavy bleeding! Would love to hear success stories and positive thoughts.

user submitted image

1 Answer • 2 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by laughs)

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Probably should add, bottom test was yesterday evening. Top test was this evening.

2 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo