Community post

Question

2 days late BFN but having pregnancy symptoms, anyone else same boat?

Hi ladies,

It’s been a frustrating week so far. Was hoping to see a hint of a line by now. I have very short 26-day cycle and this is driving me crazy. I have read elsewhere that some ladies take up to 2 weeks before a BFP. I hope you can share your stories with me while waiting for (hopefully a) BFP or (not hoping for) AF! I am 2 days late. I feel very sleepy and tired for at least 3-4 days now, with my breasts feeling sore, a little bit of cramps here and there but goes away. I’ve gone to the toilet way too many times thinking AF is here but just wet there.

With my 2 earlier pregnancies, I came to know (1) a day after period was due and it was defo a dye stealer so I think if I tested early, I would have know earlier, too. For my second, I came to know 3 days before AF and was a squinter but progressed beautifully with a matching beta hcg levels matching his age.

Have you had pregnancies where it took a while to see a BFP and all the while showing early pregnancy symptoms?

Thank you to everyone who would like to share their stories!

4 Answers • 2 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I have wanted to be pregnant so badly that my period came late and I had pregnancy symptoms. But all tests were negative. That cycle taught me that I had to chill out and relax. My husband was very sweet and would sing “All we need is just a little patience, yeah yeah, just a little patience”. I stopped crazy testing, read books and focused on our kids. My period came on time and I stopped talking myself into symptoms. I actually remembered that I don’t have any symptoms until 8 weeks pregnant. I now have a 5 month old!

2 years ago

Hi! Thank you for the response. It’s been 5 days for me and still no AF! I am starting to get worried, not due to possible pregnancy, but if this has something to do with other health conditions, and I really pray it’s nothing serious. All tests are negative still, but I am going to visit the doctor next week if I still don’t have AF to see what’s going on. For my earlier 2 pregnancies, it wasn’t this late when I got my BFP. My DD, I came to know 1 day late and my DS, 3 days before AF.

2 years ago • Post starter

I am in the same boat as you Peanut2brittle.

Here's to hoping we see our BFP's at the end of this wait!

2 years ago

Yes. I am experiencing this right now. My period is regular and I am two days late (15 dpo). My luteal phase is normally 11-12 days. I tested with FRER on 11 dpo, bfn and at 14 dpo with FRER digital, also bfn. Feeling lots of symptoms. I will wait another day or two and if AF doesn't arrive by then I'll test again.

Update: AF arrived

2 years ago • Edited

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo