Community post

Question

anyone else out there have strong positive lines that don’t get extremely dark?

i'm attempting to track progression with first response rapid result tests (as i’m unable get in to get in to get betas drawn), and so am passing the time before my first appointment.

i have strong positive test lines, that even seem to begin popping up faster and faster, but they don’t seem to get very dark. they’re as dark as the control line, but no dye stealers. i’m 23 dpo today.

has anyone else had this experience? i understand tests are not meant to measure hcg, but we all know a dark test is a better sign than one that is lighter, or doesn’t darken.

any help, experience, opinions, advice, or jokes welcome!

UPDATE   miscarriage at 7 weeks, unfortunately.

4 Answers • 2 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I would say if it's that dark that's pretty good! If there were issues you'd probably see the line lightening vs. just staying the same amount of darkness.

User Image

2 years ago

thanks, tryingforads - i’m sure you’re right. i’m just out here being a crazy person, tryna be nancy drew.

2 years ago • Post starter

I never got a dye stealer on first response and I'm now 25 weeks pregnant. Once your hcg gets so high, pregnancy tests can't detect it, so it will only get so dark, and maybe never be a dye stealer. Try a different brand, Clear blue, I got a dye stealer on that test. Also read up about the hook effect. Good luck, and I'm sure your pregnancy will be perfect

2 years ago

thanks, sarah :)) this morning’s test was FINALLY darker than the control. not a dye stealer, but moving in the right direction. (incidentally, i had the most vivid dreams about getting dye stealers, and that my pregnancy was going really well, last night.)

congratulations on your baby!! i hope you’re feeling well and happy!

user submitted image

2 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo