Community post

Question

does anyone know the sensitivity of the first response digital?

i’m just curious - i bought the three pack of first response with the early test, the digital, and the rapid result (along with a box of the cvs blue +/-).

i’m 12 dpo now, and starting at 10 dpo i’ve had positives, though light in colour, with all of the cvs blues and the frer, but this morning when i tested with the FR digital and my last cvs +/- from the same urine sample, the digital was negative and the blue was positive.

countdown to pregnancy says the digital sensitivity is 18, but i’m wondering (hoping, really) if it’s not a little less sensitive than listed here?

thanks for any help or opinions! i’m peeing on too many sticks and know i should just wait and see, buttttt.....i have zero self-control!

user submitted image

UPDATE   miscarriage at 7 weeks, unfortunately.

7 Answers • 2 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

This question could be mine! I did some research about the frer digital and this is what I found: it is sensitive, however inside is just a normal peestick and the computer scans it with a light to see if the second line is there. Sometimes the computer guesses wrong, so many women have problems with false -/+. Break it open. Frer digital will only have one line if negative. It is an urban legend that the frer digitals always have two lines. It is only true for the clearblue. I pray GOD blesses you!!

2 years ago • Edited

oh, my gosh! thank you so much for your reply! :))

i just did, and there are two lines! the second is faint, but it’s definitely a pink line. (perhaps it’s too light? )

thank you for your prayers. they are greatly appreciated, and definitely reciprocated!

user submitted image

2 years ago • Post starter

Hey guys!
I might help a little.
I’ve had a couple of very, very faint lines/ possibly just evaps 4 days a go… 3 days a go did a clearblue digital and it was negative…. I was heartbroken. I probably shouldn’t have but I opened it to have a look and found that, when comparing to other peoples negatives, the test line was quite a bit darker. 2 days later my nipples were sore, I was hot and had super smell so did a FRER late pm with pretty dilute wee and got a clear positive! Checked again this morning and very clear positive. I think the digitals are less sensitive and rely on a computer to scan the density of the line… mine clearly wasn’t quite dark enough! Wait a few days and test again! I’m going to pick up a digital week indicator later.
I’ve attached the clear blue digital weeks indicator photo for reference- this gave a negative result but from googling the one with a single line is the positive or not and the double is the weeks indicator… you can see both test lines are very visible but clearly just not dark enough to trigger ‘pregnant’.
Hope that helps

user submitted image

Married 2014 Expecting first baby 2015 Sending you and lots of User Image

2 years ago

Soooooo?!?!?? What happened?!? Are you pregnant??

2 years ago

thank you, loulees for sharing your experience! it definitely helped!!

lovenlife7, i think so!! i’m 15dpo and got a decently strong with a first response rapid result today!!!

i’m a little nervous, though, because i barely have any symptoms. like, at ALL. i had three early miscarriages right in a row at the beginning of the year, so i’m a little gun-shy this time around and trying not to get my hopes toooo high.

user submitted image

I’ve had a few myself, I totally get it. However I want encourage you! I have 5 (5!) children my oldest is 17 and my youngest is 4 months. We have had 3 miscarriages mixed into there and one child was adopted. With all of my successful pregnancies I didn’t have any “symptoms” until 8 weeks when nausea punched me in the face. I wouldn’t worry about it yet. That pregnancy test looks great. If you want some extra piece of mind you can always have a blood test or two to verify your numbers are going up. Heartbeat can be picked up at 5 weeks!!

2 years ago

thank you very much - i really do appreciate the encouragement.

FIVE?! that must be absolutely, insanely wonderful!! you are super-woman!!

since i’m in LA (and everything is ridiculous here right now), the first appointment i could get wasn’t until 8/30. so until then, i’ll just have to be patient, try to relax, and wait and see. hearing your experience with symptoms makes me feel a lot better. (and i’m very sorry about your losses).

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo