Community post

Journal

Bruce is here 7 weeks early!

Bruce was born Feb 10th, 7 weeks early. I had to have an emergency c section, my placenta tore. I went to the ER for bleeding and baby was in distress. After 2 ultrasounds and his heart rate repeatedly dropping my OB said we can't wait any longer. Luckily I was given a steroid shot when I arrived, they really think that helped his lungs. I was only 33 weeks along and he was born breathing on his own! We've been blessed with a super healthy premie. From being in distress in utero, his glucose levels were threw the rough and unbalanced, but today they are finally staying in normal range even now after finally being introduced to tubal breast milk feedings! We keep receiving the best news possible for his premie age, we couldn't ask for better! He was born 3lbs 12.8oz and 18.25in long, born long but petite, they think this was due to a small placenta that just wasn't doing it's job. He will probably be in NICU for 2 weeks, depending all on him.

user submitted image

User image

6 Comments • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by hugs)

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

Ahhh congratulations!! I remember you from CMP. He is adorable. What a scary birth experience. I can completely relate—c sections due to fetal distress and preemies with all 3 of my little ones (36 weeks, 34 weeks, 33 weeks). The NICU journey was a roller-coaster, but I look back on those days as special alone time I got to have with each baby. Pm me if you need some support. Congrats again!!!!!

3 years ago

Not sure why there are question marks in my last post to you. I probably tried to press exclamation marks! All the best and congratulations on your sweetie.

:

3 years ago

I remember you too and thank you so much! I just might take you up on that offer and message ya, this is a completely new experience for me having a NICU premie. Bruce was 33 weeks, so it will be nice to know your experiences for sure! Thanks for reaching out!

User image

3 years ago • Post starter

Awe. Congrats. He's very handsome and smiling already. Glad you and baby are doing well.

User image[/url]

3 years ago • Edited

Congratulations. He is absolutely gorgeous.xxx

3 years ago

Congratulations-Bruce is just so adorable! Best of luck with your bundle of joy. ????

:

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo