Community post

Discussion

Blood test and urine

I went in for a urine and blood test approximately last Wednesday 2/3/21. I had a negative urine test and waited on my blood test which I got today. In the mean time I started testing at home starting that Friday 2/5/21 I got faint positives on first reponse test and a for sure positive on a clear blue easy. I posted those photos in the gallery and received 100 percent pregnant votes on my clear blue test. Today the nurse called and said my blood test didn't detect pregnancy it's negative. I told her I needed go go back in bc I've been getting postive test over the weekend. I'm scheduled for another beta test today this afternoon. My question is since I had the blood test on 2/3 and started getting faint positives on 2/5 could I have had the blood test too soon??

9 Replies • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Its a blue dye test and they always give false positives. Get red dye test - they're more accurate.

User image

3 years ago

First response positive too

3 years ago • Post starter

Hmm not sure then.. Possible chemical? Unless their tests are that sensitive..

User image

3 years ago

I went back for betas again today. I'm thinking I went too early for the blood plus I'm not sure where I'm at in my circle

3 years ago

What happened in the end?
I'm very interested to hear as I had a similar experience with 2x positive urine test and a negative blood test in the same day and they made me seem like a crazy person that was making up the positive tests!

Remember: 'hurt people hurt people' - dont let those around you be collateral damage of TTC! x

3 years ago

It was a chemical pregnancy

3 years ago

Aw I'm sorry to hear that. Same for me when that happened. But they told me to my face there is no way to have a positive urine and negative bloods on the same day! So at least its not just me. Hope you feel better soon x

Remember: 'hurt people hurt people' - dont let those around you be collateral damage of TTC! x

3 years ago

Thank you so much you as well. I'm glad I did beta hcg quants to prove that I really was pregnant and the test I took were true. First response is the besttt and so sensitive

3 years ago • Edited

What was your blood test at Dr number please. I'm having similar situation

User image

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo