Community post

Discussion

Darker line and Hcg level

Hey all. Got a very faint positive result on 7th January. Got a blood test later that day and it showed that my hCG level was only 9. According to ob, that's considered a grey area and I wouldn't be technically pregnant.

At that stage I would have been cycle day 24 and 10 days post ovulation. I'm not sure whether that hCG level is something to worry about or not.

I have since taken tests on 9 and 10 Januaryit looks like the line is getting darker. Does that does that definitely mean that there's more hCG in my system?

Any advice appreciated. this would be my 7th pregnancy, 2 have resulted in my gorgeous children with the others miscarrying between 6 and 13 weeks

3 Replies • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by hugs)

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

Update that 6 days later my level was 410, so doubling every 26hrs or so. Fingers crossed.

3 years ago • Post starter

Yes - hcg doubles every 48 hours and if it kept getting darker, you are having rising hcg levels. Congrats!

User image

3 years ago

If it is getting darker that is a great sign. I really hope this works out for you! Sending baby dust your way. I have had a few miscarriages and chemicals in the past. It makes for a tough road but as you say-the beautiful babies make it all worth it. Good luck!

:

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo