Community post

Discussion

Scoliosis and Pregnancy

Hey ladies. I just found out today that I have the start of scoliosis. I was just wondering if anyone has had that and went on to concieve and have a successful pregnancy. I'm also kind of looking for advice and support as well.
Thanks.

User image

9 Replies • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Replies

Hey girl. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope you are able to conceive without any complications.

User image[/url]

3 years ago

Thanks girl- It's just one devastating blow. I now have the daunting task of putting in leave from work (dr said I am not allowed unless its a desk job or envelope stuffing).. And start to get on disability..

User image

3 years ago • Post starter

I don't know how my post is funny because it isn't funny. Im devastated as all heck. I don't even know why I keep posting here anymore

User image

Do you think it could be a smiley face and not laughing or it could be they meant to hit the heart but didn't know they hit it by mistake.

User image[/url]

3 years ago

I don't know but it seems like every single one of my posts have a laughing reaction. I'm hurt and offended that people always seem to think I'm funny or have something funny to say. I just wanted tips or advice but instead- I get laughed at

User image

Hey hun, I have scoliosis. Have also had 2x spinal surgeries as well (though surprisingly, were to do with an accident and not the scoliosis). I'm currently TTC but also have a 5 year old daughter. Because of my surgeries (a fair amount of metal work) and also because she was frank breech presenting (so bum down, feet up) I was booked to have a c section. I had absolutely no dramas with my spine whatsoever with that pregnancy. In fact, I didn't even know about the scoliosis until a few years later. So I would suggest following your Drs advice and perhaps if sore, seeing a physio to assess whether you need a brace or support to help your spine. Wishing you all the best x

3 years ago • Edited

Chris - thank you for those words. Knowing that pregnancy doesn't seem to bother it more makes me feel better. Anyways, I found through x rays through a specific clinic called bone and joint. Nothing was said much more then "you aren't able to work anymore." Never had a surgery or anything of that nature. I am going to physical therapy twice a week for it and using heating pads.

User image

3 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Hello! I know this is an old post - but just wanted to mention that I had severe scoliosis that require fusion from t2-l3, and it hasn't impacted my fertility or birthing ability one bit. I've had 2 big baby boys born at home (with fully qualified midwives!) and the only issue I had was extra back pain at the end of my 2nd pg because baby was posterior. also, check out build and breathe pilates for scoliosis and fusion - I just found it recently and it's a game changer in pain management!!

2 years ago

E - Massey it's near my neck. It's super hard for me to even function. I've honestly given up hope to even had 1 more

User image

2 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo