Community post

Discussion

College Student and Pregnant

How are you all doing today and I have to ask were any of you like me when you were in College and pregnant? I'm 18 years old and a Freshman in College and I'm just trying to find people on here who were in College and like me so I can talk to them to see what it was like for them and what should I expect?

2 Replies • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi! So I was in grad school for 2 pregnancies, both very high risk. I was 31 and 32 years old at the time. I did take some time off after my first daughter was born a preemie but graduated when my second daughter was 11 months. It is not impossible to be in school and pregnant at the same time. You may want to think about talking to your advisor and Dean of Students regarding your options (if you could take a medical leave of absence right after the baby is born—those first few months are tough in terms of having time to yourself). Most importantly, do you have a good support system (family, friends, partner)? Having people you trust to talk to, go to prenatal appointments with you (plan for doctors visits every 4 weeks with more visits or ultrasounds required if the dr feels like the baby or you needs to be watched more closely). If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a private message. Best wishes to you! Stay strong and reach out for help from your family and friends if you can. My experience is different since I was older, but being a student or working mom-to-be is familiar to me.

3 years ago

I was 23 and finishing my bachelor's degree. Being pregnant was more motivation to kick my butt into gear so I took a lot of courses and communicated with my professors about my situation . They were very understanding. I graduated with my bachelors when my son was 4 months old.

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo