Community post

Question

Should I test tomorrow?!? 8dpo

So I have held off for what feels like forever. But I can’t decide if I should test tomorrow. I would be 9 dpo and I don’t want to be disappointed with a false negative. But if it’s positive I could call my doc to start getting bloodwork done since I’m considered high risk for ectopic in the first trimester. My obygyn won’t open until Monday after tomorrow so if I want until a better day (10 or 11 dpo) I’d have to wait all weekend which might make me more worried. What should I do??

2 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Totally personal preference here. What is the cost/benefit? If you test and it is negative, it could be positive the next day... which is basically the same if you wait and don't test until the next day and get a positive. You won't likely trust a negative, so you'll have the same hopes that it will be positive as if you didn't test. The cost is the value of the test you're using.

I got a faint BFP with my current pregnancy on 9dpo, and that was on an IC and it was a late in the day urine. So you could still get a positive.

3 years ago

I've been pregnant 5x and only once did I test positive before 10dpo... I'd wait if you can! My average is 11/12dpo for first +.

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo