Community post

Journal

TTC Journey - one ovary, low sperm count

I’m 12 weeks pregnant today and here is my journey so far

I’m 32y and I started TTC in November 2019. Last year, I found out that I had large cyst and I had to remove my left ovary and left fallopian tube. I was diagnosed with borderline ovarian cancer. Because of that, my doctor referred me to a fertility clinic to check my options. During the fertility treatments, I found out that my partner had low sperm count/ low motility. The doctor said that it would be hard to conceive naturally and we should try IUI/ IVF. I was afraid of IUI because of the chances of multiples babies and all the hormones that comes with the procedure, which could‘ve bring the tumor back. So, we decided to keep trying naturally. We change our diet, my partner started taking multi vitamins, cold baths and we started doing acupuncture together. Long story short we were able to conceive naturally after 8 months trying and we are expecting a baby boy for next spring.

I wanted to share my story here because this community has been very helpful during all this process. This is my first pregnancy and I’m trying to take day by day.

user submitted image

3 Comments • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by hugs)

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

Congrats! Wish you the best in your journey

User image

3 years ago

Congratulations Luana! Your story brings hope to us who are trying to conceive with similar problems. Thank you for sharing

User image

3 years ago

Thank you @alexplpl @hberry.

3 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo