Community post

Question

Rainbow Baby?

I had a MC October 7th. Levels dropped quickly and was told I could try again ASAP after my RhoGAM shot. Ovulated on my birthday (woohoo) which was 2 days later than my apps predicted. We BD the 15th, 16th, 18th, 20th, 21st, and 22nd. Since then, I started having very creamy CM and usually it’s clear and slimy. Started having lower back pain yesterday, headache today, kinda runny nose, and I’m exhausted! Who has had similar symptoms and got their BFP? I’m only 5DPO but this is all pretty abnormal for me as I usually feel nothing before a period.

1 Answer • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

First, I am really sorry for your loss.

The most common days for implantation are between 7-10 days past ovulation. Sometimes you can find studies that show 6 DPO, but there is no medical study that has shown implantation at 5 DPO.

It takes an average of 6 to 12 days for a fertilized egg to travel down the fallopian tube. The average is 9 days. So at 5 DPO the fertilized egg would not yet have reached the uterus or start to influencing hormone levels.

Once reaching the uterus and implanting, it takes about 48 hours to have HCG levels high enough that you can have a positive test. When HCG levels reach a certain level, then pregnancy symptoms start.

Regardless of the above, after ovulation, your hormones start to act as if you will have conceived, until otherwise being told no. This is why it is not advised (although most of us do it, including myself) to not symptom spot in the TWW (so hard right?).

Good luck!! I hope in a week you get your BFP!!

I conceived my daughter after my third loss in a row, before I had a new period. Studies have said that there may be an increase in fertility around this time.

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo