Community post

Question

Is it still possible ?

Hi !
I’m ~7 dpo (not sure, because I didn’t take any ovulation test). AF is supposed to come on october 22nd. My cycles lenght is usually 25 days.

Today (october 17th) I took a pregnancy test (clearblue early) and it was negative.

I know its early, so do you think it is still possible for me to be pregnant ?

UPDATE   Tested again , 4/5 days before AF and...

1 Answer • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hi! 8 to 10 days past ovulation is the average for when implantation happens. The earliest that seems possible medically is 6 dpo with even less resources saying 5dpo. The egg has to travel down the fallopian tubes and into the uterus to implant. This takes time. At that point, after implantation occurs, it then takes another 48 hours for HCG to raise to detectable levels.

At 7dpo, you most likely would not have implanted yet, but if you had implanted unusually early, your hcg levels would not be high enough for any HPT to detect.

So my answer is, you could definitely still be pregnant, because it is just too early to test!

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo