Community post

Question

Do I even have a chance this month?

Today is CD18. My cycles run between 27-38 days. I still haven't received a positive OPK. And I'm so confused. I took both digital and strips. The digital showed a flashy smiley on CD12, and everyday since. I've seen the strips get darker, but each times it seems like I'm heading in the right direction, it turns blatantly negative. I'm talking what we would call a squinter with pregnancy tests. I'm not a newbie to using the strips. This has never happened to me before. In my experience, I always ovulate 15 days before the day my period arrives. My CM's been all over the place. I haven't done BBT temps. And while my cycles sometimes go between 34-38, they are almost always been 30-32.

Am I out this cycle? Do I stand a chance of getting pregnant? Or is this month already over for me?

7 Answers • 3 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

My last cycle sounds the same as yours. My cycles are typically 32 days with a 13 day luteal phase. I kept noticing my body was gearing up to ovulate and then not. (I sometimes suffer from anovulation, so this can be common from that.) I started taking my inositol supplement just to kick my cycle into some sort of regularity. I kept tracking and eventually on CD 34, I believed I actually ovulated based on intuition and tracking signs. I ended up being correct because I had my period 14 days later!

I talked to my RE and she told me to just keeping taking the inositol. She thinks it is a wonder supplement, and I agree! I'm not even TTC anymore, but it is really good for regulating cycles and egg quality.

There's no way for me to know what's going on with your body and if you ovulated or not, but I would say, you're not out until you get AF. If you can't pinpoint ovulation to a single day, you could try BD every other day to try to catch it. If you're like me, once you do actually ovulate, you might notice your body regulate to its normal pattern.

3 years ago

IMO, if you haven't ovulated yet you still stand a chance. I know stress can easily throw our cycles off so try not to dwell on it too much. If your cycles never exceed 38 days then I would expect to see a positive OPK no later than CD23. Also, I know you're not new to OPKs, but it's hard for me to stay consistent. Try to test at the same time every day and make sure your sample stays consistently concentrated for more accurate results. I know these aren't words you haven't already heard a million times... Just know you are not alone. I also have PCOS and have been trying for baby #1 off and on for the last 3 years.

3 years ago

Thank you! This happened today. Positive OPK. :) ???? I hope this is my month.

user submitted image

3 years ago • Post starter

I'm in the same boat! Cd 20 I got my first "high." I got my peak on cd 21, and now today I'm cd 22!

3 years ago

LadyMae!

I know it takes a lot of tests to do so but I would keep testing all the way until you're suspected cycle. I did the same thing this month I was so confused I didn't ovulate at all when I was taking my test I kept going and I finally got a positive at cycle Day 26. I told my husband that makes sense as to why my menstrual cycle can get to be 45 days long because I ovulate really late. I even ovulated late on my first month of femara at cycle day 19. I would definitely keep testing.

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttcsince-1571529600z5z0.png

3 years ago

SommerMommyto2, I finally got a positive on Sunday, with EWCM CM, and then my temp rose this morning. So I'm pegging my ovulation as of yesterday! I'm so hopeful, but trying not to be too hopeful.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo