Community post

Discussion

Long Term TTC Thread [Supporting Each other]

View Full Post

Thought it would be pretty cool to have a thread for us LTTTC'ers.

I'll introduce myself and maybe we can support each other through this journey. I've been TTC for over 2 years now and I am suffering secondary infertility. I am 35 years old. My partner is younger than me.

Our testing dates

November:

26th: Anubhola

December:
1st: Janeybaby
14th: MissPug

TBC Testing Dates:
- Nasake
- pcoswarriormommyegas
- Pandorica

NTNP (Not Trying, Not Preventing)
- Miss Pug

User image

248 Replies • 8 weeks ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 248 Replies | Last Page

Jayneybaby, it was so emotional. It was with my firstborn. With my second born, I got a positive around 15DPO, so I'm not sure why I had that problem with my firstborn. With my second born, I tested at 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 DPO and all negatives. SO I have no hope that I'll ever test earlier than my period.

Pandorica, when I finally got a positive at 6 weeks it was still faint. According to my OB, for some reason the HCG wasn't showing up in my urine, even though I had high levels of it. Crazy!

We did lots of BD, so I know our timing's on point! My temps haven't risen yet though, so I don't think I'm past ovulation yet.

Pandorica, definitely a squinter! Those are the worst. MissPug, I hope this month works for you and that you'll get a BFP soon!

User image

37 days ago

Well after all that I got a positive OPK this evening!!! I have been using clear blue digitals in the morning and didn’t even get a high reading but a blazing positive on a internet cheapie. Who knows what’s going on there.
BD tonight just hope my OH’s swimmers aren’t too damaged ????

user submitted image

37 days ago

Janeybaby, It was the other way round for me, OPK's didn't pick my surge up, but the monitor did. Good positive though! FX for you.

User image

37 days ago • Post starter

So, I just tested this morning and were really wishing for a darker line. But unfortunately it went exactly like it always does. The line is still there but faint and I noticed som light brown when wiping. Either that darn line's a nasty evap or I'm having another chemical. I think I'd rather have an evap at this point than another chemical. I always seem to be able to "produce" super faint ones that goes away.

User image

36 days ago

So sorry to hear that Pandorica, I have been there and I know how horrible it is. Even though you try and not get your hopes up you just can't help it. Keep testing though, you're not our until AF is here!

I took a digital OPK this morning and got a flashing smiley, not sure which one to believe now so I guess I'll just keep BDing and keep my fingers crossed.

36 days ago

Hey ladies...I’m so happy to see some other ladies who will understand my frustration too...but equally my heart goes out to you all as I know how horrid the journey can be. Me and oh have been trying to conceive #2 for two years this month. I have been pushing for my oh to get tested since the beginning of the year as I had all mine done and they have come back ok. He finally has some tests booked next week so I hope we can move forward after that. I am currently 10dpo, af due in 4days and have insanely sore boobs...they’ve remained very tender and sensitive since ovulation, back ache and cramping for the past few days. I feel like every month I have cramping or some sort of boob thing going on so I just don’t know anymore. Two more family members have fallen pregnant with their second or third in the past two months which is great news but that little bit of heart ache comes up again. I know that once I have my second child in my arms our family will be complete and I will no way be putting myself through this again! Hoping all you ladies are rocking your Tuesday! I am still working from home and my motivation is nil!

36 days ago

Hi Amystone87, yes we definitely understand the frustration! It is honestly the hardest thing I have ever gone through! Others who haven't experienced it just don't understand. I read somewhere once that TTC causes as much stress as a cancer diagnosis! Not sure how true that is but its certainly stressful!
I'm in a similar boat, my two sister in laws are both pregnant and I am so happy for them but its still hurts. One has had her own struggles and multiple miscarriages so I really am thrilled for her but still a little jealous which I know is unfair but I can't help it.

36 days ago

I'm sorry to hear that, Pandorica. I hope it doesn't play out the way you think.

Amystone87, I'm a little crazy, I think. Even after the past 2 years, I still have a secret hope of having 5 kids. We're trying for #3. Welcome to the group. This journey is so hard and difficult. I hope we all get our soon!

Jayneybaby, it is hard, even though we can be thrilled for them at the same time. My sister-in-law had a baby in March, but that was doubly hard because she hates us and didn't even tell us she was pregnant. We heard secondhand, and weren't even allowed pictures of the baby until recently. I can see how TTC causes that much stress!

I am officially 1 DPO. My temp. rose this morning, so I'm certain I ovulated. Now to begin the TWW. for all of us

User image

36 days ago

That faint line disappeared rather quickly and the spotting has increased. Guessing af will arrive later today or during the night. Oh, well. The initial disappointment I felt yesterday are almost gone, I feel like I can't dwell on it because there's nothing I can do anyway. So, I started planning for next cycle and I'm going to try taking Borage oil again. I tried that like a year ago and now I'll try it again. It is supposed to help with dry skin as well as regulating your hormones. Since I also suffer from dry skin it'll be a win win situation for me either way. If it doesn't do anything for my fertility, at least it'll help with my skin. In the meantime, it will give me a little more time to build up the future baby's wardrobe. I love sewing and especially baby clothes! Right now I have 1½ weeks left of my paid vacation from work and as soon as all the things on my To Do-list are done, I'm going to spend a lot of time in front of my sewing machines. They're a good distraction.

User image

35 days ago

I'm sorry to hear that, Pandorica. I wish I knew how to sew! I do have a sewing machine, but no know-how, lol. I'm working on my novel and I bought a coloring book for the evenings when I tend to stress about TTC. I'm curious what everyone else does to keep busy during the ups and downs of a cycle during infertility.

User image

35 days ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo