Community post

Discussion

Long Term TTC Thread [Supporting Each other]

View Full Post

Thought it would be pretty cool to have a thread for us LTTTC'ers.

I'll introduce myself and maybe we can support each other through this journey. I've been TTC for over 2 years now and I am suffering secondary infertility. I am 35 years old. My partner is younger than me.

Our testing dates

November:

26th: Anubhola

December:
1st: Janeybaby
14th: MissPug

TBC Testing Dates:
- Nasake
- pcoswarriormommyegas
- Pandorica

NTNP (Not Trying, Not Preventing)
- Miss Pug

User image

248 Replies • 8 weeks ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 248 Replies | Last Page

CD14 - Another high for me. My third high this cycle. Hopefully my peak is just around the corner. BBT looks stable, certainly no dip to indicate I am about to ovulate. Hows everyone else doing?

User image

6 weeks ago • Post starter

So happy it's finally weekend here! Working full time are messing with my fibromyalgia and I really need to see a doctor about some pain relieve that actually works. Thank god I only have one more week left until I have 2 weeks off (paid vacation). As far as TTC goes, I'm roughly 2 dpo but no super clear temp rise, so I guess it'll be a slow one. Can't rely on it too much since I always wake up a few times a night nowadays. We did bd a day before my peak and then we were both too tired to do it again, and now he's working his night shifts until wednesday next week. We've always agreed on to never bd just because "we have to", we feel like it takes all the fun away.

User image

6 weeks ago

Pandorica, Oh hello! Fellow Fibromyalgia sufferer here. My doctor has put me back onto tramadol (occasional use) to control my pain. I've tried amitripaline, naproxen, pregabalin, gabapentin and the best thing that works for me is Tramadol. I think as the weather is now getting colder, it affects our fibro a lot. Are you using fertility friend to track your bbt? Hopefully you'll get CH tomorrow.

I'm CD15, another high on the CBAFM. My 4th in a row. I'd woken up to ovulation like pains so I was hoping it would be a peak. OPK's seem to be getting darker. Temp has dipped. I'll keep testing to ensure I don't miss it. The CBAFM has missed my surges previously so I am keeping a close eye on it.

I'll attach my BBT as a photo. Fingers crossed I ovulate soon.

user submitted image

User image

Misspug: Both happy and sad to see a fellow fibromyalgia. So far the only thing the doctors have given me are Paracetamol, Ibuprofen and I also got to try cortisone. Have no idea how that doc thought cortisone would help with the pain though.. My mom has fibromyalgia too and have been trying tons of different medications. Right now she got some Kodein, since she's about to go through a small treatment for thyroid cancer (they've already removed the thyroid as well as two lymf nodes). So she gave me 3 to try and I took one yesterday evening and boy did I sleep a lot better than lately! Maybe because I don't have any medication right now. I haven't had any reason to when I studied from home. But now that I'm working I definitely need something to ease the pain..
Yeah, I'm using FF to track my BBT. I found it to be the most accurate so far. Didn't get my crosshairs today, it's quite a slow rise so far.

Fingers crossed you get your peak soon too! My CBFM can find it a day later than my BBT does, but I've never had a cycle where my monitor didn't find it. When testing with regular strips I've missed it though, since I can get a peak in the middle of the night.

Here's my chart so far.

user submitted image

User image

6 weeks ago

Chart is looking good pandorica.

Update - I have had right sided O pains, not as intense I as usually got them 6 months or so ago, but I have some mild pains. Dipstick OPK's also progressed a lot. It wouldn't be the first time my CBAFM has missed my surge to be honest. I'm going to keep OPK'ing and we're prepping to AI at the moment. I've warmed the coconut oil slightly to get it into a liquid, I have my speculum here, syringes and tubes.. It's as good as go time - everything counts.

IC strip (top) and the bottom are what I've just taken. The middle one was taken at lunch time and compared to SMU today - it's noticeably darker.

user submitted image

User image

Looks like your peak is close MissPug!

I finally got my crosshairs today! FF and this site have put different OV-dates though, but pretty close. FF says I'm 3 dpo and this site says I'm 4 dpo. I'll try and not test too early, since I only have one strip and then the 4 tests for the CBFM, but they're not particulary sensitive. Thinking of buying some tests though, because I know I won't be able to last long without testing..

User image

6 weeks ago

Yay for crosshairs Pandorica. :)

I've CHEATED my CBAFM. Yesterdays test was stronger than any of them - but the machine only picked up a 'high' and I suspected that was because of the dye run. So - I re-used the test today. No fresh pee on it - just inserted it into the machine when needed. It counted down - 5, 4,3,2,1 then PEAK!

I flippin' knew yesterday should have been my peak and this isn't the first time this 'fertility monitor' has missed my surge. Surprisingly though, my BBT has dipped today but I am confident I did O yesterday - or at least had a surge.

user submitted image

User image

As you can see, the bottom one 'yesterday' suffered horrendous dye run which accounted for the 'high'. It cleared over time - Next post will show the test today and the 'peak' using yesterdays test.

user submitted image

User image

PEAK!

Too bad I had to cheat the monitor to get it - I don't think I'll be using it again.

user submitted image

User image

Whoohoo for your peak, fingers crossed this is the month for you. I watched some of your videos over the weekend. Sounds like you have done loads of research on the vitamins! I double checked and thankfully all the ones you mentioned are already in the multi vitamin I'm taking so that's lucky.
As for me feeling a bit fed up today, I have another scan booked in tomorrow to check the follicle growth on my ovaries and if I can have the trigger or not. But its all pretty pointless as my partner has come down with an infection in his testicle (he would be so mortified if he new I was writing this on the internet ) he is on antibiotics for 10 days and is in far too much pain to baby dance so that will take us right past ovulation. We just seem to have the worst luck. They don't even know what has caused his infection.

6 weeks ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo