Community post

Journal

Low rising HCG :-(

View Full Post

My update is a little sad today.

I had my blood results yesterday.

Friday they were 38.
Monday they were only 44.

It's not great news as it hasn't even doubled.

Doctor called me this morning after speaking to the Early Pregnancy Unit and they want to see me for a scan next Wednesday and repeat bloods. With my history they are checking for potential ectopic or early miscarriage.

xx

UPDATE   Miscarriage xx

User image

69 Comments • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

61 - 69 of 69 Comments

So sorry in my

3 years ago

I'm so sorry girl.

User image[/url]

3 years ago

Thank you

Definitely having a miscarriage. Spoke to the midwife and I'm still booked for the scan on Thursday to check levels are dropping and uterus looks OK. Just heartbroken right now. I've taken today off sick from work xx

User image

3 years ago • Post starter

@scuba.chick I cannot say that I am sorry enough. Please message me if you need anything. <3

I lost my low rising HCG baby around this time in 2018. I still get sad in September and October even two years later. It hurts so much to go through the emotional roller coaster of sadness and hope and no one knows the right words to say. Somehow everyone and everything made it worse.

It sucks, give yourself permission to be a mess. I took bereavement leave and those days were needed because I couldn't face another human being or even breathe most days. Maybe that is something you can do to give yourself more time?

3 years ago

@ladymae I'm sorry for your loss

I'm just questioning everything but I know I've lost the pregnancy. Just feel in limbo land. Horrible cramps but still not even filling 1 pad a day. Is this normal?!

Tests noticeable lighter today. No more tests till Thursday xx

user submitted image

User image

3 years ago • Post starter

Sorry to randomly jump in on your thread. I’d been watching your progress on the pregnancy test pictures pages. I’m so so sorry this has happened. I’ve lost 4 pregnancies (the last two back to back in July and August this year). I know how devastating and alone it makes you feel. Not sure why I’m commenting, I guess I just wanted to let you know that, even though we’re all strangers on the internet, you’re not alone and we’re thinking of you xxxxxxxxx

3 years ago

In my experience, it can take awhile. My latest loss was just past 5 weeks. No idea what my hcg levels were, but it wasn’t that much different from my regular period. Just more cramps. It can take awhile for the tests to go completely negative too. I think the scan is going to determine what needs to be done (i.e. they give you some medication if all tissue hasn’t passed). Ugh I know how badly you must just want this to be over. Since they know the pregnancy is in the uterus and not ectopic, seems like you will be ok until the scan. Just on that awful emotional roller coaster. I hate this for you

3 years ago

Hi, I came across your post. I'm really sorry for your loss. I sympathize with you because when I lost my baby at 9 weeks, 3 years ago, I was heartbroken. This reminded me and made me relive that moment. I don't want to make it worse with my sharing but know you are not alone. For me, it took me about a month/ little over for HCG to get it out my system Just want to give a little shine of hope and encouragement to never give up. If you can do it once you can do it twice!

3 years ago • Edited

I'm so very sorry to come back on here and see this update from you scuba I was hoping for the best for you. I've been through 5 losses, one being a blighted ovum at 8 weeks, and the bleeding started off light at first and took almost 2 weeks to pass the empty sac. After loss #5 I was completely defeated and feeling so done with it all, but miracles happen every day and it will happen to you, too. hoping your body gets back to normal quickly for you and you can go on healing emotionally

User image

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo