Community post

Journal

TTC #2 again

View Full Post

On august 11th i took my last birth control pill after taking them for a year. We had been TTCing for over 2½ years without anything happening and decided to take a break for a year, mostly because I only had a year left of my studies. And that year has passed and we are officially TTCing again. I was expecting to start spotting or that AF would show up shortly after taking the last pill, since that's how my body reacted when I had me IUD (Mirena) removed when we started TTCing #2 the first round. But it seems like my body had other plans this time. A few days ago I started having some light cramps, like I do before AF shows. So I thought she were on her way. But then it went from light cramps to my regular OV-pain and I had a ton of ewcm. The pain stopped today, so I'm counting this as 1 dpo. It remains to be seen wether I actually ovulated or not. But hopefully it means my body will be back on track. And more hopefully, it won't take too long before I get my BFP.

User image

115 Comments • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 20 of 115 Comments | Last Page

Welcome back to TTC!! Hoping for a short TTC journey and you get your BFP soon!!

User image

3 years ago

@Crystal: Thank you.

User image

3 years ago • Post starter

I'm beginning to suspect that this will be a shorter cycle than my usual normal. I've started up my monitor this month and since it's been turned off for over a year and I had to change batteries, it wants me to start testing at cd 6. I'm cd 7 today and already got a High reading. I've NEVER had a High this early on. The earliest I've gotten a High were at cd 9 and that cycle I ovulated at cd 14. So either I'll simply have a few more days of High readings, or I'll ovulate a few days earlier too. Don't know if it's the result of stopping BC not too long ago, or if the vitamins I've started taking are having some effect. I've been taking vitamin B, C and D as well as folic acid for a few short weeks. I guess it remains to be seen what happens this month.

User image

So, it's the second cycle since stopping BC now and I'm between 11 and 12 dpo. I've had tender breasts since a few days after ov, which have now turned into fuller and tender breasts with sensitive nipples. Besides from that I only have a few light symptoms that can be from something else. I've been testing since 8 dpo and gotten nothing but squinters/evaps (most likely). But today with smu I actually saw something! It's not very strong, but it's the strongest I've ever gotten on these tests before. Fingers crossed it actually develops into something and doesn't fade away like it usually does.

user submitted image

User image

zoomed in

user submitted image

User image

user submitted image

User image

user submitted image

User image

I were really wishing for a darker line for once, but it's still very faint this morning.. No progression what so ever. And to top it off I noticed some light brown when wiping. Right now I really hate that my spotting are so darn regular, it arrives like clockwork 2-3 days before af.. Which means that either that line are simply a nasty evap, not too uncommon with ICs I guess. Or it's a chemical pregnancy.. Since these are supposed to be sensitive, 10 mlU/l, they can sense a much lower amount of hCG. I don't know if it means they're more prone to evaps too. Even though I'm 99% sure af will arrive in a few days, I'll keep testing until then. I know you can get spotting and still be pregnant, but for me spotting always means af will be here soon.

Right now I feel both sad, angry and like "oh well, nothing you can do about it". I think it's because I'm a bit mad at the whole situation. When we were TTC our son we went through a bunch of fertility checks to see why we didn't get pregnant. Here in Sweden you are allowed to do so if you haven't had a child and have been trying for a year, and you only pay for a regular visit (like 14-20 euros). We both did some blood work, he did a sperm sample and I did a Hystero Contrast Sonography. My tests all came back looking really good and the only thing with my husbands sperm sample were that he had a lower % of motile swimmers, but he made up for it with having like triple the normal amount of them. So the doctor said she didn't think where would be a problem for us, but that we were welcome to try IVF in 3-4 months if we didn't conceive. I actually got pregnant the same cycle as the HCS. This time around we have been trying for a total of over 2½ years, not counting the year we took a break and I were on birth control. Unfortunately, they don't allow couples that already have a child to do those checkups anymore.. Some counties do, but it's a lot more pricey.. Where we live, they don't even let you do that if you pay for it.. So if we want to do it, we have to find a private clinic. I want to, but at the same time I don't want to pay that much for it when there's so much else we could use those mony for.

User image

The brown spotting increased today and af arrived this afternoon. This cycle I have decided to try borage oil. I tried it about a year ago with no luck. It is supposed to help with your skin and also regulate your hormones. I have dry skin and always had, so trying these doesn't exactly hurt. If it does nothing for fertility at least it may do something for my skin. I'll continue to use my fertility monitor even though the sticks are quite pricey. But I have it and it means that I don't have to analyse the tests myself. I also have a few pregnancy tests left of those ICs, so I'll use them this cycle too but I will buy some other brand too just to be able to double check for evaps.

User image

So, I'm on cd 13 today. I've started having more ewcm, but so far no ovulation pain. My monitor still only shows a Low reading. Last month I ovulated around cd 17-18 and I suspect I'll probably do that this month too. But that suits me just fine since my husband still have one more nightshift before having 5 days off. When he's working we don't have any time to bd, since he leaves for work when I come home from mine. So I'm not complaining if ovulation waits a few more days so we can get some bd in.

User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo