Community post

Journal

TTC #2 again

View Full Post

On august 11th i took my last birth control pill after taking them for a year. We had been TTCing for over 2½ years without anything happening and decided to take a break for a year, mostly because I only had a year left of my studies. And that year has passed and we are officially TTCing again. I was expecting to start spotting or that AF would show up shortly after taking the last pill, since that's how my body reacted when I had me IUD (Mirena) removed when we started TTCing #2 the first round. But it seems like my body had other plans this time. A few days ago I started having some light cramps, like I do before AF shows. So I thought she were on her way. But then it went from light cramps to my regular OV-pain and I had a ton of ewcm. The pain stopped today, so I'm counting this as 1 dpo. It remains to be seen wether I actually ovulated or not. But hopefully it means my body will be back on track. And more hopefully, it won't take too long before I get my BFP.

User image

115 Comments • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 115 Comments | Last Page

Nothing yet. I'm 10dpo today and trying hard not to test. My boobs are still sore and almost feel a little fuller which is a little odd for me. My son has been having a rough time feeding during the night and constantly waking up. Trying to temp is nearly impossible as I wake up so much during the night. But when I do temp throuout the day, the thermometre doesn't touch the cervix. Temps in afternoon reach 99.5 but shouldn't count that. Yesterday, I had some AF type cramps in the morning, then nothing. Then some more AF type in the late evening and weird poking sensations near my belly button. Still sneezing and runny nose. When I go pee first thing in the morning, there's some thick discharge, then stringy throughout the day. I still think my mind/body is playing tricks on me and AF will show up. I'm still feeling exhausted and worn out. Plus, I'm more irritable this month; could be PMS but who knows. I cut back on my beer consumption to two (normally I have a few more) but playing it safe I guess. CTP states AF is due on Saturday so I will test Sunday if she doesn't show. But in all honesty, I will be shocked and this would take science to a all new level. Will keep you posted. Good luck to you as well.

User image[/url]

2 years ago • Edited

AF reared her ugly head this morning. Saved me having to use a test. How have you been feeling the past couple days? Hoping you get good news in the next little bit.

User image[/url]

2 years ago • Edited

That damn AF. I'm only 5 dpo so far and no symptom what so ever. So pretty normal and uneventful. I just hate waiting. I will try and wait until at least 9 dpo to start testing.

User image

2 years ago • Post starter

6 dpo today. During the night when I woke up (usually wakes up 1-3 times, but manages to go back to sleep) I noticed some discomfort/slight cramps on my right side for a few minutes. Later in the night I noticed similar on my left, but much lighter. No idea what it was, but I now have very mild cramps on my right side. Maybe a silly thought, but the first I thought of was that it might be the little egg making it's way down to the uterus. But, why would I be able to feel that? Probably something else.

User image

I was surprised when AF showed up as I posted another comment before going to the washroom. Then I had to change it. I did temp and it was in the 97s even though I woke up lots during the night. Hoping this cycle I don't ovulate early and hubby surprises me. I too had the crampy feeling at 5dpo and I had the same thought as you. I hope this turns out to be implantation or getting ready to implant. When do you plan on testing?

User image[/url]

2 years ago • Edited

I will try and hold out until 9 dpo, so two more days now. I'm itching to test already, but at the same time I'm pretty fed up with all these negatives.

User image

So much for not testing until 9 dpo. I caved today at 8 dpo and were stupid enough to test with only a 1,5 hour hold. Nothing more than a shadow of course.

User image

Since I have no self control I tested again later in the day. Nothing that stands out, but I do feel there's something catching my eye. Not sure it's an actual line but faint, or if it's just a shadow of some sort. I guess I'll find out in the next couple of days. Since these are very sensitive (10 mlU) they should develop a little faster. I really hope the combination of ashwagandha, maca root and artic root finally did the trick.

User image

I hope that the line gets darker for you inthe next couple days. Are you having any symptoms, cravings, or something diffetent all together? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

User image[/url]

2 years ago

9 dpo today. Nothing more than a super duper faint line that was SO hard to see, so not counting that one as a real line. The only thing that stands out a little bit is the fact that I feel a bit warmer than I usually do during the luteal phase. I can normally tell when I've ovulated because I wake up feeling a bit warmer. Usually it stays like that until af shows up. Now since around 6-7 dpo I've been just a tiny bit more warm. And it's definitely not a fever 'cause it feels totally different. It's more like how I felt with when I got pregnant with my son. Other than that I have the normal mild cramps and tender/tingling boobs like I always do a few days before af shows up. So pretty much normal but with a small tweak.

My husband and I have been thinking about all this ttc and have agreed on that if we haven't gotten pregnant until next summer, we'll stop trying all together and if it's meant to be it's meant to be. Even though I want another one, at least we already have one child and that's better than none. So, we'll se what the next few months have to offer.

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo