Community post

Journal

TTC #2 again

On august 11th i took my last birth control pill after taking them for a year. We had been TTCing for over 2½ years without anything happening and decided to take a break for a year, mostly because I only had a year left of my studies. And that year has passed and we are officially TTCing again. I was expecting to start spotting or that AF would show up shortly after taking the last pill, since that's how my body reacted when I had me IUD (Mirena) removed when we started TTCing #2 the first round. But it seems like my body had other plans this time. A few days ago I started having some light cramps, like I do before AF shows. So I thought she were on her way. But then it went from light cramps to my regular OV-pain and I had a ton of ewcm. The pain stopped today, so I'm counting this as 1 dpo. It remains to be seen wether I actually ovulated or not. But hopefully it means my body will be back on track. And more hopefully, it won't take too long before I get my BFP.

User image

115 Comments • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 115 Comments | Last Page

So, in a few hours I go in for my thyroid ultrasound to check out that lump I'm feeling. My mum was diagnosed with nodular goiter a few years ago and about a month ago they discovered suspected papillary thyroidcancer through ultrasound and fine needle biopsy. Se underwent surgery 6 days ago. So I feel like I want to have mine checked too, just to see what it is and to also have something to compare too in the future, if I have more problems with my thyroid.

As for TTCing, I still have some slight cramps like OV-cramps and have been for over a week. So either I ovulated a day or so ago, or my body is simply still trying to ovulate. I think I'll count my "OV-date" a few days ago and see how it turns out, if AF shows or arrives a little later.

User image

3 years ago • Post starter

I think I spoke too soon. My ewcm are back and my cervix is high and soft. Can't reach it to see wether it's open or not, but I presume it is. Too bad my husband aren't home for another two nights (he's a night worker). Not because of TTCing, but because my libido's finally back after being "lost" for almost a year thanks to birth control pills..

User image

Thought I'd post a little update on the thyroid ultrasound. The technician who did it were vere thorough and checked every angle of my throat. Turns out that the little lump I've been feeling and that's causing my discomfort are simply cartilage that are uneven and bigger on that side. He said my thyroid looked completely normal, although on the smaller side. Either my thyroid were small to begin with, or the inflammation I had a few months ago have caused it to shrink a bit. I'll have to wait and see what the doctor who ordered the ultrasound have to say about it.

User image

I'm back with a new update. I suspect I ovulated about 9-10 days ago and have barely had any symptoms since then. Until yesterday that is. I'm always feeling cold and especially at work, but yesterday I felt feverish although I wasn't and my boobs are a tad bit tender. My first symptom with my son were a feverish feeling starting at 8 dpo. I'm trying though not to put too much hope in to it, because I feel like why whould we succeed right away after stopping birth control when our son took 17 months to conceive and we were ttcing for over 2.5 years with no luck before starting birth control a year ago. I thought yesterdays feverish feeling were probably a one time thing, but I woke up still feeling feverish. Or warm on the inside to be more accurate. My boobs are still a tad bit tender and I have a slight right side cramp. Took a test today and I know I'm not imagining that vvfl. The test I took yesterday were probably only a faulty line, since it were only half a line. But today's line is definitely there, although faint! Which means the next few days are a serious waiting game to see if it gets darker or disappears.. I've seen a disappearing line all too many times. So even though I feel a little bit optimistic, I'm trying not to hope too much at this point. A lot can still happen..

user submitted image

User image

user submitted image

User image

user submitted image

User image

user submitted image

User image

user submitted image

User image

And as always when I think I finally see a faint line, I start to spot. I noticed a pink tinge to it when I wiped. I can always hope that it's leftover implantation bleeding, but most likely it's announcing her arrival in a few days.. Either that, or it's a chemical pregnancy yet again. I'm not planning on trying progesterone cream as of now, but instead trying to increase my levels of certain vitamins such as B6, vitamin D and C. I've bought some supplements that contain folic acid, vitamin B6 and B12. Mostly to increase my folic acid now that we're ttcing again, but also that different vitamin B can help with tiredness which i suffer from. Even though a big part of my tiredness are a result of my fibromyalgia that causes pain and decreased deep sleep..

User image

I guess that line were an evap. Took another test the day after and didn't see anything. My spotting turned darker brown yesterday, so I knew I would wake up to af. And so I did.. Decided I will turn on my monitor tomorrow and try that for a cycle or two to begin with. I'll try and not buy any other tests than the one that comes with the package, although I know I'll probably fail that one.

User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo