Community post

Success story

7 years and then an miracle occurred

I wanted to share my story to give other couples ttc hope. I had a daughter in 2012, after having her I wanted another child, My husband and I tried for years to no avail. sometime last year I decided that with our age it was highly unlikely. I ovulated every month , all the test came back normal. I did try medication to help my eggs mature faster, all attempts failed for years. I honestly stopped tracking my ovulation. I stopped saying its go time to my husband. Eventually we accepted the idea that it probably wasn't going to happen for us. We had a beautiful child together , so we chose to be thankful for having her. Although in all honesty it stings to realize , something you wanted so bad for so long , a dream you fought for , had to end, we had to let go of our wish. It was sad . On April the 3rd 2020 , I found an ovulation test in my drawer and thought what the heck , just for kicks, I tested. It wasn't positive but I could tell it wasn't far off. (or so it seemed). I let it go and about six days later , I had one romantic night . Of course my mind didn't even think back to the test ( for hope) because I thought I had already ovulated. To be quite honest I had tracked my ovulation for 7 years and it never helped. on April 18th 2020 , I went to sleep and had a dream about a dear lady I loved whom had passed and My dad whom had passed a year ago, They were standing side by side , smiling and she handed me a baby in a white blanket. I took the baby and my dad touched my hand and I could just feel this over whelming amount of love , he slowly walked away and she slowly disappeared. When I woke up , I went into the kitchen and told my husband , that I needed to buy a pregnancy test . I remember the look on his face like what? huh? I was like I had a dream that I was given a baby , lets go. So Before he finished his breakfast I had him out the door. I didn't want to spend a lot of money , because a major part of me thought it wasn't possible. Also a part of me thought I'm doing this because of a dream. I didn't want to put myself through another negative test . However there was this nagging thought, I never felt so much love from a dream before. My dads hand felt real. I drove to the dollar tree and got a test, went to Walmart and got the cheap .88 cent test. I came home and took the test and I saw a faint pink line. I told my husband, I think I'm pregnant. I handed him the test and he said I see it. I shared it on this site and people were so positive. I'm thankful for receiving this blessing. I pray for each person on this site. I know the struggles, the tears, the not another month, not another negative test. The I swear I see a line, even when no-one else see s it. I know the mental toll it has on our mind and the pain that twist in our hearts. Its a hard , tough , journey , However if you get the opportunity to become pregnant , Your childs story was about the strongest desire for them to be with you. I pray you find strength, courage, and self love no matter the outcome. It is possible , it can happen even when you think its impossible. Best wishes . Baby dust to all

user submitted image

2 Comments • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

Beautiful, congratulations to you. So happy you had a happy outcome. Many blessings ahead to you and your family

http://www.countdownmypregnancy.com/tickers/countdown-1527033600z1551225600zg.png

3 years ago

This is so wonderful! Congratulations!
Wising you all the best.

I had a surprise BFP after years of fertility treatments. We figured we were done, but left it up to fate. Wouldn't know I had a wonderful little guy.

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo