Community post

Question

Clot in uterus while pregnant and worried!

I had my first ultrasound done 8/5/20 and baby measured 6 weeks, 2 days (which was a day ahead than I was thinking). So, doctor called today with ultrasound results and was told baby's heart rate was a tad on the slow side at 116/118 bpm, but was told they see this a lot and babies are fine. BUT, I was also told there was a clot in my uterus. I was told this shouldn't affect or harm the baby in anyway, and that they usually resolve on their own, but I'm still worried. I was told to decrease activity levels and if I do start bleeding heavily to go to ER. This doesn't mean I will miscarry, she said, but I should still get seen if that happens.

So, question is, how many of you have had a clot while pregnant and it caused miscarriage? Or did you go on to have a healthy pregnancy and baby? I'm just really worried after so many losses (5 total). Thanks ladies.

User image

7 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

My friend's daughter had three clots when she was pregnant,one of which came away and was floating around the baby, absolutely no problems occurred throughout her pregnancy and baby was born full term and in perfect health, as baby grows and your uterus stretches,chances are the clot will stretch into nothing a dissappear. As for the heart beat, every single person's heart rate is completely different, adult,child,older person,new born baby and fetus,so i honestly wouldn't worry about that,there is no scientific number a heart rate for a baby should be at. What is a normal heart rate for a baby??,there isn't one. So just relax,keep calm,and enjoy the beautiful life you're growing in your womb.

3 years ago

ps,how do you get that countdown picture of rainbow baby under your message?,i want it too lol.x

3 years ago

I had a clot with my daughter in the first trimester. I had some light bleeding on and off during the first trimester. The clot disappeared and I had an uneventful pregnancy. Best wishes! X

:

3 years ago

@Sarah. It is through lilypie.com and you just select different pictures, then enter your information and then copy the link in here.

User image[/url]

3 years ago

I had clot since 7 weeks, what wasn't there few days ago (had ER visit because I bled. Then bled again really heavily few days later and thought I lost the baby, next day found out that baby is still okay but there is huge hematoma). It was HUGE, bigger than baby and sac. It bled on and off with 3-4 very heavy bleedings but no cramps, just some discomfort. I had MMC excactly at 11 weeks, baby's heart stopped in last 24hrs. I went to see my dr because that time I had bleeding with really bad cramps, so I was expecting that something is not right. We don't know the reason for MMC, could've been because of clot or something else. But it is just my story. While I was pregnant and googled a TON, I found so many stories of women who have had healthy pregnancies with even really huge clots. Most little clots have dissolved without any problems, and with huge clots, bigger than babies at first trimester, many women have just had babies about month early because they stop growing, but still everything with babies have been okay after birth. If you start bleeding, don't freak out. There is a good chance everything is fine and it's just clot leaving your uterus.

User image

3 years ago • Edited

Thank you Dragonfly.x

3 years ago

Thank all you ladies for sharing all your stories!! I feel much better now. I found out another friend of mine experienced heavy bleeding in early trimester and found out it was just a clot and she's still pregnant with a healthy baby as well. So I am feeling much better. I appreciate all your comments!
@Nasake: I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a MMC at 19 weeks, so I feel your pain and loss deeply. My loss was caused by MTHFR, my genetic disorder, that I didn't realize I had until I lost my baby. I've since taken my folic acid while TTC and have 2 healthy, wonderful boys. I'm supposed to be on a baby asprin as well, but have forgotten this time, so I fear the clot is my fault and still hope it won't affect my baby.

User image

3 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo