Community post

Question

Clomid question!

Hey everyone!! I just have a quick question about Clomid that I’m hoping someone can answer for me! So I’ve seen on different apps/forums that Clomid can cause a false OPK result, is that true??
I used Clomid and OPKs last time of TTC (in 2018), and got pregnant on my 2nd cycle. Both cycles with Clomid (taken days 3-7) my OPK results were low, high, peak on 3 consecutive days! I got my peak result on day 12 both cycles. Well now we are TTC again, and this is my 2nd cycle on the Clomid (this time taking it days 5-9). I have been using OPKs again. My first cycle (last month) I got a low, then 4 days of high, then a peak on day 15. That cycle was not effective. I just finished my Clomid for this cycle, and am starting my OPKs tomorrow (CD10).

I’m just curious if anyone else has heard of Clomid causing a false positive OPK? Because it seemed to be correct with my previous experience of TTC. ????????‍??

1 Answer • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Yes, clomid can cause false positives. To avoid this issue, it is recommended that u wait 3 days after the last dose to begin testing. Hopefully u get some good news in the next few weeks.
Good luck! =))

3 years ago • Edited

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo