Community post

Discussion

First ultrasound

had my first ultrasound today. Based on lmp I'm 6 w 3 d
Based on ovulation I'm between 5 w 4 d and 6 w 1 d
Bean measured 6 w 1 d heart rate 113
My dr spent all of 5 minutes looking, split between, baby, ovaries, and heartbeat.
I cannot figure out what this thing is at the top (where the finger is pointing)
Any advice, suggestions, etc.
Messaged Dr and am waiting...

user submitted image

6 Replies • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by likes)

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

Do you mean the line?,if so it looks like the umbilical cord.

3 years ago

It couldn't be the umbilical cord, that wouldn't be formed enough to see on a scan yet. Not sure what it is, but I wouldn't worry about it if the doctor didn't!

3 years ago

It’s probably the edge of the yolk sack and you’re just barely getting a glimpse of it from that angle. I noticed as my dr moved it it would go in and out of view as he tried to get the best view of baby

User image

3 years ago

The cord forms during the fifth week of gestation and can be seen on a scan.

3 years ago

The dr said it wasn't the cord.
Had another ultrasound today, there is a membrane going from one side to the other side separating the gestational sac in half...

user submitted image

3 years ago • Post starter

@sarah that's true, but the cord would still be pretty short, not long enough to float away from baby.

@Mama that looks like a pretty normal ultrasound to me - at this stage the gestational sac wouldn't necessarily fill the uterine cavity, so I think what you're seeing divide the uterine cavity is the sac itself!

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo