Community post

Question

HcG - Please give me your honest opinion

Hi.... I am a little over 5 SA... did my blood test on Wednesday and the result was 5540... 48 hours later, it was 10 208... it almost doubled but did not. Should I be worried??? Please give me your honest opinion. I am super nervous

5 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

The doubling rate for hCG slows considerably once u start hitting numbers that high. I believe normal rate is for a double in the 3-4 day range. At this point, an ultrasound would provide a better idea to viability than hCG does. I really wouldn't stress it.
Congrats! =))

3 years ago

I believe it should double every 48 - 72 hours, in which case I think you're good! There is a calculator here on ctp too. Good luck!

3 years ago

Thank you girls.... I have read after exactly what you wrote Dakota.. I am now nervous because my levels seem to be to high.... they are definitely over the average... I was exactly 5 SA and 5 SA and 2 days when I did my blood tests. (It cant be more as we didn’t have any intercourse earlier...). I really just want to have a normal and healthy pregnancy.

3 years ago • Post starter

I'm sure everything is fine. Numbers vary with each pregnancy/woman. I was over 9k at 5wks with my 3rd and barely hit 6,800 at 6w2d with my 2nd. Both were born healthy and screaming. Try to enjoy ur pregnancy. As of now, there's no reason to think anything is wrong. Don't waste time worrying, u can't get it back and it won't change anything.

3 years ago

May I ask, what does “SA” mean?

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo