Community post

Discussion

O crap what have we done ????

Soooo, never thought I'd be back on this site ????
Me and my partner slipped up on the rare time we had rumpy pumpy!
I took the morning after pill 2 days later (I know dnt say it) I had what felt like implantation cramps yesterday.
I took a test at my sisters, as I'm due my period in 7 days and it came up with a faint line!! So going to retest tomorrow and will post on here the result but I knw it's still quite early.
The main problem is my partner! Hes DEAD AGAINST having any more children as this would be baby no 4.
Hes made it clear in past conversations that we would be over if I decided to keep. My head is all over the place ???? I work in the care sector and it's very difficult already due to covid. Now I have this stress.
I just want advise form any1 who's been in the same boat. How did you tell your partner? Did they come round? Or did you have to stay all over again alone? X

4 Replies • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

So let me get this straight...you're with a guy who is essentially "practicing" making babies with you but if you get knocked up and won't abort hes threatened he'd end the relationship, is that correct? I'm sorry, maybe I'm a little moody today, but that's an easy choice for me. I wouldn't end the child's chance at life over this guy who wants to have sex but would break up with you over something he helped create. Doesn't sound like a real keeper to me, but that's obviously your decision. This new life is innocently here even after you tried the morning after...id day he/she is maybe really meant to be here. Sorry if I sound harsh...but I don't think I sound as harsh as your partner's threats to your relationship over a new life. to you either way. I'm having #6 and I've never regretted any of my pregnancies, planned or otherwise. Hope you have peace with whatever you decide

3 years ago

BTW, there's plenty of couples who'd love to adopt because they can't conceive which is also another option. Just a thought

3 years ago

Hi, sorry I'm not in exactly the same boat but in our last pregnancy we had to have some hard discussions around whether to continue with the pregnancy. Unfortunately the pregnancy ended in loss. It's hardly ever black and white and what you decide *before* a pregnancy isn't always the same. I know it's heartbreaking having to even have that discussion but probably best to get it over with so you don't spend ages fretting. I can't tell you it will all be fine but I can tell you that you will decide what's best for you. Sending hugs.

3 years ago

I had a similar problem 2 years ago. He manipulated me to get rid of the baby and not only did it make me suicidal afterwards and need tons of therapy, but in the end it didn't work out. I don't regret losing him, but I regret losing my baby. Now I'm with someone who wants kids and now we're struggling. Now I feel like my karma is coming back to me. If you want the baby, keep it. It's your decision and no one else's.

No matter what you decide, stick by your guns. Don't let anyone make you do anything you don't want to. There are plenty of guys out there that would love to have a family. They're out there. But if the one you're with is so adamant, I'm sorry, but he should've had a vasectomy instead of threatening you over something that clearly takes two to make.

3 years ago • Edited

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo