Community post

Question

Second LH surge

Hello! My husband and I are TTC for our first baby. I stopped BC Sept 2019 and have had long/irregular cycles (28 was the shortest, 43 the longest). This month I was instructed to take progesterone on CD 18 if I didn’t not get a positive OPK and then clomid after my period. I also started temping this cycle. To my surprise, I got a Clear Blue OPK peak and strip positive on CD 17! On CD 25 I started taking HPTs (all negative) and randomly decided to do an OPK. On CD 27-28 I was getting strong positive OPKs (pregmate strips). CD 26 my temp dropped and since has gone up. My temp chart seems to coincide more with a positive ovulation occurring during this second LH surge. Has this ever happened to you/does anyone have further insight?

user submitted image

8 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

Hi there. In my opinion, this can go both ways.They say that the body gives off one last LH surge before AF. Even though you had a temp dip; it still might not indicate that you are pregnant. However, on the bright side, by looking at your chart, that could also be an implantation dip. The test line on the OPK is capable of picking up HCG. Same thing happened to my friend and she is two weeks behind me. This is my BBT chart that led to my BFP. My last chart had a small temp rise (0.2) around the same time. Do you have any symptoms and when is AF supposed to start?

user submitted image

User image[/url]

3 years ago

Thanks so much for your response! The test line on OPKs have now considerably lightened when testing today. So if it was a “surge” it seems now over. The day of the temp dip, I had cramping and felt dizzy/off. Not really feeling aunt flow symptoms, but my periods are usually pretty uneventful with symptoms. Not sure when AF will come. Last cycle was 43 days, (37 in April, 38 in March). In February I also got a peak OPK on CD 17 and that cycle ended up being 28 days.

I know I may be overanalyzing everything, but with such fluctuating cycles I feel like I have to always be playing detective to figure out what’s going on!

3 years ago • Post starter

Also, congrats on your BFP!!

My first LH surge

user submitted image

My “second” LH surge

user submitted image

Thank you! I really hope you get the answers very soon. Could very well be a second LH surge as it is poaaible to ovulate twice.

User image[/url]

3 years ago

Hi there. Was wondering how you made out. Did you end up getting your BFP or still waiting? My friend, who I mentioned earlier. She messaged me a couple days ago, saying she lost the baby Sunday night. My heart broke for her as we were so close together. She seems okay now and will just take it easy for awhile.

User image[/url]

3 years ago

I’m so sorry to hear that, my thoughts and prayers go out to her.

The OPKs are now negative but so are HPTs, yet no aunt flow. Having doubts I ovulated the first time as my luteal length in past was about 12 days, so should have seen AF by now. Either a bfp or aunt flow should give me an answer soon, trying to stay positive and trust my body!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo