Community post

Question

Miscarriage maybe???

Okay ladies I am a tad bit confused here. So long story short...
Last Wednesday I went to the ER for pain which I knew was my gallbladder. Told them I might be possibly pregnant due to my monthly being due Friday. They drew blood several times and done urine test during my stay. I had surgery to remove my gallbladder Thursday. (I had to stay another night because I got really sick when I woke up from the surgery and my blood pressure dropped really low) Friday I asked about the test they said it was negative because I had the surgery. Saturday I had some bleeding but it wasn’t like my normal monthly. It was fairly light where I didn’t use many products. I chalked it up to the stress of the surgery.

Last night we decided to have a cookout for the family since my hubby wanted to go to the lake tonight to watch fireworks. I had 2 beers and ate more than I normally have since the surgery. I went to bed not feeling well. I figured it was either the beers or too much food. I woke to feeling sick and bloated.

When I went to the bathroom I decided ‘why not take a test. What’s it going to hurt. It will be negative and you won’t question it on that.’

It was positive!! I’m shocked and feeling guilty as hell. Now I’m thinking it had to have been a miscarriage right? I bled... but the hospital said the test was negative...

Maybe a false positive? I’m going to take another take later on.

I don’t know what to do!!!

3 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

My 1st is 2 years old. Had bleeding with her every month for 3 months and didnt find out I was pregnant til 12 weeks along. Sometimes early bleeding is normal! Dont freak out yet. Retest in a few days?

3 years ago

I had bleeding for 6 days with my youngest and thought for sure I'd MC, but no she's here making trouble. Don't feel guilty, you did what you could and thought you weren't pregnant. Keep testing and all will be just fine. Being so early on with the surgery and testing negative at the time, maybe it had no affect on the pregnancy and

3 years ago

Well I appreciate the hope ladies but it turns out I miscarried since each test I take gets lighter and lighter. This morning there was no line. I guess after 2 D/Cs, 3 chemical and this miscarriage I should call it quits. I already did the blood work and everything is good with me. Maybe it’s not in the books for me. Thanks everyone!

3 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo