Community post

Discussion

Chemical Pregnancy

I just went through a chemical pregnancy. It was first for me and I was really sad about it even though the pregnancy was really only confirmed on a digital test 2 days before AF reared her miserable head . It also took 3 days to get that positive result. It was a very weird thing for me because I have always gotten easy and dark positives; this time was different.
Would my next pregnancy be considered a baby/pregnancy? Would this loss really be considered a loss since it was only 4 weeks and 2 days into it?

MommaMeggzz

3 Replies • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Replies (sorted by laughs)

1 - 3 of 3 Replies

If you talk to an OB about it, they will most likely tell you that it is not a loss, it happens all the time and it’s only a thing because manufacturers made tests way too sensitive. However I think most women who experienced a CP would tell you it absolutely feels like a loss and I think that feeling shouldn’t be minimized or discounted. I’ve had 3 chemicals and 2 miscarriages in the past 2 years and I can tell you they all hurt, and they all felt like losses to me. So if it was a loss in your experience, then that’s what you should call it. I am sorry for your loss and hope your is coming soon

3 years ago

Thank you! I have had so many different feelings about it. I know it was early and part of me is like; its hardly a mc! Its just a late period. I feel like it was more of the loss of an idea of a baby. Not an actual loss of a baby. I would have been so much worse had I gone through an ultrasound and told the fetus wasn't viable. I'm still not 100% how I feel yet. Maybe once we conceive again I'll feel differently.
Thank you again!

MommaMeggzz

3 years ago • Post starter

I'm sorry for your loss, and I totally understand how you feel. Because of my beliefs about life beginning at conception (and baby having a soul from that moment) I consider even a chemical pregnancy the loss of a baby. Medically speaking it is still considered miscarriage as well. With mine I had more pain than a normal period, so even though there wasn't any visible remains of the baby because it was so small, it was still awful and very sad. I have two Angel babies in Heaven that I lost in chemical pregnancies, and my DH and I named them. We have one son and I just found out I'm expecting again today (after not trying this month lol) and hoping this one sticks to be #2! Best of luck to you and I hope you get your soon!

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo