Community post

Discussion

Uh..

So Im also on babycenter message boards and I csme across this post. Someone took their frer and ran it under water and it was a bfp.... Not sure what I think about that now. https://community.babycenter.com/post/a75741023/june-2020-poas-list?cpg=343

User image

5 Replies • 3 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

WOW don't quite know what to make of that...I'm definitely out then

User image

3 years ago

Smh.

3 years ago

I know. I just don't know what to make of it.. Possible faulty batch maybe ..

User image

3 years ago • Post starter

One possible reason for this is hormones in our water supply thanks to women taking hormonal birth control. If it's enough to cause infertility and extra legs on frogs and such, I see no reason why the water couldn't cause a bfp!

The other thing to consider is that if you have ever taken hormonal BC yourself, that your hormones are most likely not in a normal balance, and you could have higher baseline HCG.

I really think this is the case with many women who complain of "evaps" and blame faulty tests. I myself have never used hormonal BC of any kind, and have never seen even a shadow of an evap, even on brands notorious for showing them, and all of my friends who do not use hormonal BC have had the same experience. First response tests are EXTREMELY sensitive, and picked up my hcg from a chemical pregnancy when it was only at a 4 - so it wouldn't take much of a hormonal imbalance to cause a false positive.

Food for thought for anyone saying first response should be sued! Rather, sue the pharmaceutical companies for making women believe they can't take control of their own fertility naturally, and for recommending medications that are radically damaging our environment and our own fertility in one fell swoop!

3 years ago

Uh birth control does *not* contain Hcg.

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo