Community post

Journal

NaPro Technology Doctor, Secondary infertility, PCOS & Endometriosis?

After suffering with horrible hormonal symptoms ever since my son was born, and after 6 months of trying with only a chemical pregnancy to show for it when my son was conceived our 2nd cycle trying, I decided to get some help. I had my first appointment with a NaPro Technology doctor last week, and he suspects I have pcos and endometriosis, and is running all kinds of bloodwork to test for the pcos.

My main symptoms are recurrent miscarriage, still producing colostrum years after weaning, hirsutism, hair loss, jawline cystic acne, low libido, insane breast tenderness after ovulation, horrriffic debilitating ovulation pain that had almost landed me in emergency thinking it was my appendix, erratic BBT, light periods, anxiety & irritability that are both worsened by cyclical hormone changes, low back pain, deep pain with sex (there is literally only one position that doesn't hurt and even in that one I have pain in my hip joints,) severe rectal pain at ovulation, and ibs type symptoms too.

3 dpo right now and not expecting much as we are NTNP as per the doctor's recommendation (I'm heterozygous MTHFR C677T and off my prenatal for the time being.) I have stopped taking all supplements from just before ovulation so that when cd3 rolls around the bloodwork results won't be skewed by anything I am taking. I'm struggling. The hormonal mood swings are intense and I am SO incredibly irritable! I feel so sorry for my 3yo son, who just wants me to play with him but I am having such a hard time with it. It feels like every game he wants to play is the most irritating activity in the world. I want to want to play, but I'm just such an overwhelmed wreck. On top of the hormonal misery, I'm also experiencing a relapse in my Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, which isn't helping anything either.

I return to the doctor on July 30th to get my results, and it can't be earlier because he is going on vacation. Once the last batch of bloodwork has been done on CD 7 I'll email and ask if I can resume taking at least my magnesium and choline, which have helped my mental health a lot and I am sorely missing. Very greatful to have a good psychologist to help me through all this!

4 Comments • 3 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by hugs)

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

I’m sorry you are dealing with all of that. I hope you get answers and start feeling better soon.Were your supplements recommended by a naturopath or things that you found to help on your own?

3 years ago

E- I hope you get things squared away so you're back in the game!

User image

3 years ago

@agatch thank you for your sympathy! My supplements are a mix of ones recommended and supplied by my naturopath like choline, adrenal support and a methylated prenatal, and ones I found myself like magnesium.

3 years ago • Post starter

Have you ever tried homeopathy? I have a few friends who went the supplement route (and clean diet). It really helped their chronic issues but didn’t fully solve them. They ended finding more permanent relief with good homeopathic care.

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo