Community post

Question

Can I trust my positive test?

Hi Everyone,

My period was due on 6/16 and my body had been showing me all the classic symptoms that I was due for my period. Bloating, some constipation, backache and bad cramps. I was literally waiting for it to "drop" any minute.

It is now two days late. Over the past two days I have had bad cramps, find it VERY hard to get comfortable and fall asleep, so I'm exhausted all the time. I find myself taking several naps throughout the day (which is unlike me) yet I'm always tired. I also noticed that meals are not satisfying. I would eat and be hungry shortly after or feel just unsatisfied by the meal.
I attributed all of this to stress (working from home, COVID, just general worry).

This afternoon, about 5pm, I took a digital pregnancy test (CVS brand) and it popped up with a YES+ in less than a minute.

I'm not sure if I should trust it. The symptoms I've been feeling have been SO consistent with my normal period symptoms, it's confusing. I've never been pregnant before so I don't know what anything truly feels like.

I'm planning on taking another test. Just wondering how long I should wait to be sure. Any thoughts/ideas would help.

Thanks!!

3 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

First of all, congratulations! U should absolutely trust ur test. A positive digital is almost impossible to have come up as a false positive.

As for the symptoms, all very normal. Every woman and every woman's pregnancy is different, so this just happens to be what's happening with u. For me, I could easily go through 14weeks and not know I'm pregnant. Nothing really changes for me except the lack of period and gradual weight gain starting around 12wks. That's how my body processes pregnancy. Some women are violently ill from (sometimes) the day af is late. That's their pregnancy. We're all very different. I really wouldn't worry much about that stuff. Cramping, exhaustion and hunger (even thirst) are all common signs of pregnancy. Ur body is starting to work in overtime mode to grow another human...it's not an easy task, but it's soooo worth it! If u can nap, do it. If u need more food, eat/snack, just do it in moderation and as healthy as possible so u don't pack on the pounds too early and end up with more problems than necessary. And drink water like it's going out of style. Do not allow urself to dehydrate. Dehydration affects amniotic fluid levels. Other than that, enjoy! Take care of ur body and ur body will take care of ur baby!

Congratulations, Mama!! Happy and healthy 9!

3 years ago

Thank you for the response. The constant cramping really concerns me. I've had ovarian cysts before and kind of felt like this so I was concerned it was that. I spent the night convincing myself that I must have done something wrong or it's a crappy test.

I took another digital this morning and got another YES+ and I took an analog one around an hour ago and there is a DARK pink line on that one.

3 positives in a row can't be wrong!

3 years ago • Post starter

Is it an overall cramping (like lower-central) or one side close to the hip? Overall cramping is normal, it's basically the uterus beginning to stretch to accomodate the baby. One-sided cramping/pain is a little trickier. It could be the ovary aching. When u ovulate u leave behind a cyst (corpus luteum). This cyst produces progesterone to sustain the pregnancy. Often that cyst aches, and at times it aches quite bad. I get it with every pregnancy and it stops around 10ish weeks, when the placenta kicks in and takes over duties. Another cause would be if it's ectopic. That's where the baby implants outside of the uterus, often in the tube. That usually involves bleeding as well as pain. Ectopic do happen, but aren't something that's very common, so altho it is a worry, the odds are in ur favour that this isn't what is wrong. Give ur dr a call and see when they would like u to come in for ur first appointment or a dating scan. It’s usually around 8wks, but every doctor is different with that kind of stuff. Doesn't hurt to call tho!

3 tests aren't lying...congratulations!

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo