Community post

Journal

My Wish and Feelings

I am wanting to write this because of the slack I've been getting lately on how I feel. I can't help but how I feel for many reasons, but the main reason is that I vowed to myself that I would have a daughter named after both of my late grandmothers, Eleanor and Alice. Both whom passed of cancer. I already have a son named after my late dad whom passed from cancer. I have 2 older boys 10 and 8. Both were named after people close to my exhusband. My daughter is named after only my husband's. Late grandmothers. I never got to name her either and it kills me. It also kills me that she is the only girl and she has also asked if she could have a sister. I have names for a boy picked in case but if it turns out the baby is a boy, it's the last baby according to dh, I would be devastated especially knowing that I still don't get to have another chance after this.
Excuse me while I go cry for awhile.

User image

4 Comments • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by informative)

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

I know it’s not the same, but maybe you could find boy names that could satisfy the need to name the baby after your late grandmothers as well. The other reasons you prefer a girl there’s not much you can do, but with the name maybe you can use a related boy name. My Daughter is names after both of my grandfathers. Natalee Dawn after Lee and Donald. I hope you get your little girl, but if not- I hope you are able to find Joy in a little boy.

User image

3 years ago

I doubt I can make those names work with a boy. Dh sits there and degraded the name I liked for my youngest, claiming he was gonna be beat up. Sigh. I brought up how I liked Declan and he made fun of that name too. He said Declan sounds like Deck me

User image

3 years ago • Edited • Post starter

That is aweful that he would just sit there and make fun of the name that you picked out when you never got a say on naming the kids. I think Declan is an awesome name for a boy. He should be supporting you in every way possible to make you happy not making you miserable. I am 100% by your side, so I would put your foot down. Happy wife, happy life. Hang in there girl.

User image[/url]

3 years ago • Edited

Im dreading a boy because of that too. Every name I have picked for a boy he's made a mockery of. I had Isaiah Paul for my youngest son and dh picked on that saying he would be beat up because of the name

User image

3 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo