Community post

Question

Test sensitivity question

I took a first response 6 days soonerctest got what I think is a positive, though the line is slightly faded. Pink but faded. Then took the first response rapid response that only takes 45 seconds and it looks negative. Are they different sensitivities? I looked here in the test info and wonder if the negative result was due to that? Needing more hcg then the first test. Anyone have some wisdom about this? I added pic of my 45 second test.

user submitted image

7 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

Hi there! There are way far in sensitivity. Early result is about 10miu meaning that It could detect hcg even on the first days after implantation but rapid result is 100miu meaning that you need to be let’s say already late on your period hence it is rapid cuz the hcg levels are pretty high so the line is coming up on a glimpse. Hope I helped.

User image

3 years ago

I used to use FRER and FRRR a few years ago and found the two to be about the same sensitivity. On some days, FRRR gave me much darker results. It's hard to compare tests tho, even from the same box, they arent all equal. FR has really gone downhill over the last few years, I stopped buying them becuz they were way too finicky. Hopefully things become a little clearer for u in the coming days.
Good luck and congrats! =))

3 years ago

Thanks for your shared experiences. Just playing the waiting game now as my test this morning was negative. An easy@home Amazon cheapie. Heard mixed reviews about these ones too. Had cramps last night but they stopped now.

3 years ago • Post starter

Ugh, easy@home. They used to be one of my go-to tests. They're way more sensitive than they claim and I've never had issues with evaps, indents etc...until I got my new batch. This batch has a clear outline of the test line straight outta the package. Altho they don't hold any of the pink dye when not pregnant, there's enough of a shadowing to make u try a second test, then another brand, then obsess and test like a maniac (speaking about myself here ). So I definitely won't be buying those again.
How was ur test this morning?

3 years ago

Negative test then started bleeding sister thinks maybe it was a chemical. So cruel to think I was pregnant then the next day realize it was over.

Awww, I'm sorry! It sounds like that may have been the case. Try to find a positive in it all, even tho it doesn't seem like there is one. Do u know how many dpo u are/were?

3 years ago

Yea got positive at 14dpo. Pretty sure. We tried really hard this cycle.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo