Community post

Discussion

February/March 2021 BFPs

View Full Post

Hi ladies. My due date is February 2, 2021. My first ultrasound is June 22. Come and share your success story that led to your BFP. Here is my list that led to my BFP.

April 27-May 2 (CD 1-6)- AF
May 3 (CD 7)- BD (did not Pull Out)
May 4-7 (CD 8-11)- nothing to report
May 8 (CD 12)- 4yr Anniversary; BD (did not P/O)
May 9-10 (CD 13-14)- gearing up to ovulate. CTP has my ovulation on CD 13)
May 11 (2dpo)- possible ovulation based on temp; not CTP. BD, however husband couldn't finish. Husband states I am really "hot" inside.
May 12 (3dpo)- BD, husband able to finish and not P/O. Husband states, I was not as "hot" as I was last night.
May 13 (4dpo)- Dull cramps/pressure, tingling breasts, anxious/on edge, irritability, moodiness, bloating, diarrhea, hot flashes, vivid dreams
May 14 (5dpo)- not much to report except for diarrhea
May 15 (6dpo)- cramps (like PMS/AF), dull cramps/pressure, sharp stabbing pains, sore muscles, backache, tender breasts (underarms), anxious/on edge, I 'feel' pregnant, very happy, BBT Luteal Phase Dip, low alcohol tolerance, increased cervical fluid, acne breakout (chest; never had them there)
May 16 (7dpo)- forgot to track that day
May 17 (8dpo)- dull cramps/pressure, heaviness/fullness, sharp stabbing pains, twinges, achy legs/hips, backache, breasts (stabbing pain), tender breasts (underarms), tingling breasts, I 'feel' pregnant, constipation, dry mouth/increased thirst, low alcohol tolerance
May 18 (9dpo)- BD, cramps (like PMS/AF), dull cramps/pressure, sharp stabbing pains, twinges, achy legs/hips, backache, tender breasts, I 'feel' pregnant, constipation, gas/flatulence, heart burn (throat), dry mouth/increased thirst, low alcohol tolerance, dry cervical fluid
May 19 (10dpo)- cramps (like PMS/AF), dull cramps/pressure, pulling/pinching, sharp stabbing pains, twinges, achy legs or hips, backache, breasts feeling heavy or full, tender breasts, I 'feel' pregnant, bloating, constipation, empty feeling in stomach, heart burn (throat), dry mouth/increased thirst, headache, fatigue/exhaustion, low alcohol tolerance
May 20 (11dpo)- BD; hubby states I felt different/tight, cramps (like PMS/AF), dull cramps/pressure, pulling/pinching, sharp stabbing pains, twinges, UTI or feels like, achy legs/hips, backache, pronounce veins, tender breasts, tender breasts (underarms), I 'feel' pregnant, increased sex drive, moodiness, diarrhea, gas/flatulence, dizzyness/light headed, dry mouth/increased thirst, stuffy nose, fatigue/exhaustion, low alcohol tolerance, vivid dreams, cervix pain, dry cervical fluid, frequent urination
May 21 (12dpo)- cramps (like PMS/AF), dull cramps/pressure, heaviness/fullness, pulling/pinching, sharp stabbing pains, twinges, backache, tender breasts, anxious/on edge, I 'feel' pregnant, irritability, decreased appetite, food adversion, dry mouth/increased thirst, fatigue/exhaustion, insomnia, low alcohol tolerance, + pregnancy test
May 22 (13dpo)- cramps (like PMS/AF), dull cramps/pressure, backache, tender breasts, tender breasts (underarms), tingling breasts, anxious/on edge, I 'feel' pregnant, weepiness, decreased appetite, food adversion, dry mouth/increased thirst, runny nose, chills, fatigue/exhaustion, hot flashes (heart palpatations)
May 23-present- nothing recorded

user submitted image

UPDATE   Baby arrived 12 days early. Was a very fast delivery.

User image[/url]

147 Replies • 3 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

91 - 100 of 147 Replies | Last Page

@calvingirl. Oh that's awesome. At least you don't have to wait long to see your little bean. My next ultrasound isn't until September 16, but I am so glad that I don't have to have a full bladder as it is very uncomfortable if your bladder is overful. It happened to me with my last pregnancy as the tech sent me to pee a little twice then she just said, okay, just empty your bladder. That was such a relief to hear lol. Your ultrasound will be here before you know it.

User image[/url]

3 years ago • Post starter

@Calvin so glad you got an appointment for a scan sooner! That's great!!

@crystal Im6so sorry to hear that tiings are stressful for you right now. I know lots of women who had bleeding from sub C hemorrhage and went on to have healthy babies if that's any consolation! As for morning sickness, taking methylfolate (which I need instead of folic acid/folate because of me gene defect) has made things much easier this pregnancy than my last with regards to sickness right from the get go. I haven't vomited yet but do still get nauseated! Then my napro doc recommended b6 supplementation at 100 mg/day either all at once or spread out (I take it spread out) and that has helped enormously, within days! Now I mostly just feel nauseated in the AM before breakfast, but feel better within a little while of eating and taking all my supps. I also take ginger pills and digestive enzymes, and they help a lot with the bloating and constipation/diarrhea/general digestive turmoil! Another thing that has surprisingly helped a lot has been gentle bouncing to music on my rebounder (got the ok to do it from my pregnancy chiropractor as long as I always have one foot on the rebounder at all times, no big jumps.) Gentle exercise really does help a lot by encouraging efficient digestion and boosting endorphins, and I particularly love bouncing because it's just plain fun. I put on my old fave K-Pop Playlist, pretend I'm 17 again and have a blast!

3 years ago

@dragonfly I'm so sorry to hear about the falling out with your friend. I'm sure it's temporary! Grief is a very fiddly thing. She'll come around again. I hope when you tell your family they receive the news well! I can't believe how far along you are now, time flies! Have you started making a birth plan? I'm hoping I'll be eligible for a home birth with my midwife. My son was born at home by accident (midwife was there thank goodness, but I waited too long to call her so we couldn't transfer to the hospital) and it was such a great experience that I'll choose it over the hospital again if I can!

3 years ago

@E. Thank you. I'm sure she will come around. I hope my parents will be happy; it's another grandbaby. I don't have a birth plan in place yet but I will be delivering at the hospital in case something happens. I'm glad your midwife was there. I waited too long with my boy too. I assume my water had broken as during the night I got up to pee and my pajamas were soaked. Changed out of them and went back to sleep and woke up around 5 I think, and in a bit of pain so it was time to go in. I was supposed to be induced the next day, but he wanted to be born on his uncles (my brother) birthday. I hope you get to experience home birth with this baby. Will you be having any more after this pregnancy?

User image[/url]

E-Massey, I had a home birth with my first 20 yrs ago and I loved it! I tried with Oscar and got transferred, and that didn't turn out well, but he had issues they didn't catch. Phoebe I was too high risk and she had to be induced early because I was losing fluid. I'm hoping for a healthy, fat, full term baby this time, but I'm not eligible for a home birth so it'll be the hospital again. I wish I was younger and could try for another home birth. I highly recommend them for uncomplicated pregnancies and proven moms. Especially during this pandemic, it's really safer that way from that perspective.

AFM, I'm doing fine. No nausea yet, but the tips on B6 I'm filing away. Phoebe's was bad once I got to about 9 wks, so I'm crossing my fingers. Got some brown spotting still, but I think it's the normal 6wk implantation bleeding coming out - hoping anyway. It's making me nervous. I'm keeping an eye on it and taking it easy. I didn't really realize I wanted this baby till I was scared I'd lose it. Now I want it!! Phoebe is going to be such a great big sister, and I miss the baby stage. Plus, a spring baby? I had my son in May and it's a wonderful time to have a baby. No sweaty yuckiness for being really pregnant in summer, which I hated. And we're all going to have spring babies! It's great, because if they are jaundiced at all, you just take them outside in the sun for a little bit each day.

3 years ago

@calvingirl. I had the brown spotting when I wiped once with my last baby and it threw my anxiety way up as I didn't have it with my first and didn't know it was even possible. This time, I didn't have any. So, that was a relief. I'm hoping that what you are experiencing is left over implantation finally working its way out. My baby won't be due until February so, he or she may have to be put in a warmer if that is the case; my last one did but that was based on his levels. A home birth won't be possible for me but that's okay.

User image[/url]

Hey ladies!
@E. thank you for your advice! I have the MTHFR gene as well and I am on the same vitamins. My doctor also has me on Diclegis. I think it helps a lot, I really think I'd be worse without it. But I still get bad nausea spells off and on throughout the day, worse at night for me. Seabands take the edge off.

I did some research on my subchorionic hemorrhage and asking my doctor some more educated questions, I am feeling much better about it. Commonly these are found behind the placenta, which can cause issues with the placenta partially detaching and causing growth issues with the baby or miscarriage. Luckily, mine is not located behind the placenta and is also considered to be on the small side. So I am feeling much more relieved.

I am almost 8 weeks and so relieved to make it this far. My doc may do another ultrasound next week to check on my SCH and hoping so, I want to see my little rainbow bean again!! I am going above and beyond with excitement, I think. I already have my baby registry made and have absolutely everything on it already I have boy and girl items picked out as well, as once we find out the gender I can go remove what we don't need.

I am high risk, as I have been with all my pregnancies ever since I have my 19 week missed miscarriage, so I will be delivering again in the hospital. I don't mind this, my house is usually too busy and full of family popping in and out anyways, so I'd probably get more rest and peace in the hospital after birth

User image

3 years ago

@dragonfly I hope we will be able to have more! Our plan is to have as many as God blesses us with, or as many as I can mother well with my chronic health problems (POTS, anxiety.) We both come from families of 6 kids - we're Catholic, can you tell?

@calvin I'm glad that you got to experience home birth! I ended up being transferred AFTER the birth because I was fainting. Turns out that giving birth makes POTS flare really badly! All they did that helped was give me fluids. The experience at the hospital was awful really, they treated me like trash, and my private midwife too (they blamed her for my problems, because they are ignorant of how POTS works lol.) If I was in my right mind I would've made formal complaints afterwards. They severely neglected me - they pumped me full of fluids, then ordered me not to get out of bed to pee unless there were two nurses to assist me, then left me for literally hours. I called again and again, and they always said oh OK we'll send nurses, but never did. By the time they got to me I was in so much pain I was almost in tears, and when they let me get up I passed a clot that was the size of a softball - that's how long they left me sitting in bed, all of the blood I was losing coagulated! (gotta love public hospitals.) So yeah, I'll be avoiding the hospital like the plague unless I absolutely have to go because there is a medical necessity. Public healthcare is such a double edged sword! Luckily I live only 15 minutes from the hospital, in case I do need to transfer. My worst fear is ending up in an emergency cesarean, because they will have to do it under general anaesthesia as my spine is fused from scoliosis surgery, making a spinal or epidural physically impossible. That's why I'm so passionate about facilitating natural birth, it's natural or bust for me!

This time if I am able to birth at home, we will be much more careful about managing my POTS - that will mean not climbing stairs like I did last time to try to get to the shower (it'll be a sponge bath in bed and a bed pan until I have slept and recovered enough to get up safely!) and my midwife will be able to start up fluids during labor, which will help mitigate the effect that normal blood loss during birth will have on my already low blood pressure. Lessons learnt from last time!

I will not be having a Spring baby - because I live in Queensland Australia! I moved here from the States in 2015, so I will be extremely pregnant for the worst of the scorching Australian Summer, just like last time when my son was born in April! It doesn't start to cool down here until at least April - May.

@crystal I'm so glad to hear that your SCH isn't as bad as you thought! I hope they so another u/s so you get to see baby again. Also MTHFR solidarity. I'm hoping that now that I'm taking the correct vitamins my baby won't suffer the same issues with tongue tie that my son did!

@afm, 10 weeks today! I see my midwife for the first time on Tuesday, and I can't wait to hear that little heartbeat on the doppler! b6 is working miracles in the morning sickness department, and I am outgrowing my brand new bras again. Seriously, the girls need to CALM DOWN already, this is getting ridiculous. Working on getting ready to put our house on the market, and waiting for pre approval on a home loan so we can start seriously looking. Crazy busy, but all I want to do is eat pasta and sleep!

3 years ago

Sorry I've been MIA the past 10 days. We're still moving from one temporary house to the next waiting for our visas to move to the UK so things are a bit chaotic! Glad to read everyone is doing well.
@E that hospital experience sounds horrible. I had hospital birth for my first two but with minimal intervention thankfully (although still more than what I was comfortable with) but I can't say they were good experiences either. Definitely planning on a home birth if possible this time.
@Crystal glad you are feeling better about things and can't wait to hear good news from you after your next ultrasound! Also I had some spotting at random times for both of my healthy pregnancies (one at 11 weeks and the other around 20 weeks I think). It wasn't anything serious both times.
I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow and I have my first trimester screening in the morning. I'm a bit nervous and can't wait to make sure everything is ok. I got the results of my blood test screening (the one they do at 10 weeks for old ladies ) and everything was normal. I also found out we're having a girl. We ended up telling our kids last Tuesday and they were both very excited! It's actually making me even more nervous because if anything is wrong I think they will be really upset (especially my daughter who is almost 6), It was time to tell them though because they could tell something was up and my daughter was starting to ask questions and worry about why I was tired, having doctor appointments...etc.

3 years ago

@agatch. That's awesome, another baby girl and I am sure your daughter will make an amazing big sister. I hope your appointment goes well today.

AFM. Yesterday was a really awful day for me and I feel absolutely horrible and still depressed. We took the kids to buy a new back door and my daughter was misbehaving and my son gets involved as he's little and she encourages him. So, I was in a rough mood anyway as I wanted to say something sweet to my husband while he was driving and I guess I startled him and he got all pissy stating, I'm trying to drive, what do you want? When the kids talk while he's driving, he talks to them. I swear he respects them more than me. Then after that, it all escaladed from there. Another thing is that my husband gave my son his Air Miles card and when I was taking the kids out, he must of dropped the card and I didn't even notice it until we got home and by then, it was too late. Guess that will teach him to give his cards to play with. I was already sad from his comment that I wished I handled the situation better with the kids. With all the stress I endured this weekend, I really hope the baby is okay and patiently waiting for the day when I can feel kicks and pokes.

On to something a bit more positive, I picked up a cake mix and some icing/food coloring and figured I could announce my pregnancy to my parents that way by making a cake and icing it with pink and blue but not sure how to go about it. Ideas?

User image[/url]

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo