Community post

Question

Antidepressants and pregnancy.

Hello. I take Prozac and am trying to conceive. Does anyone take anti depressenants and are pregnant? Should I stop taking them.

3 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

I'm taking brupropion (Welbutrin). I wouldn't stop taking them as it can make you very sick. I stopped abruptly and I was so sick (diarrhea, loss of appetite foe a good week. In my opinion, I would ask your doctor first if the pills you are taking are safe. If not, your doctor will probably subscribe something for you and ween you off of the other one. My doctor swears that my pills are safe to take while pregnant. Hope this helps.

User image[/url]

3 years ago

I was on antidepressants with my first pregnancy. I had to discuss it with my GP and psychiatrist when ttc #1 and they changed me from one medication (lofepramine) to another (nortryptaline) as the first was not safe.
I also went to my mental health team this time around and found out my setraline was not safe in pregnancy so I again had to change b4 getting pregnant.
I would strongly advise you go speak to your doctor b4 getting pregnant.
Do not stop the ones you are on without medical advice.
Good luck!

3 years ago

I was on sertraline and topamax before I got pregnant with my daughter. As soon as I got a positive test I stopped and when I went to my OB dr he confirmed and made sure I was off. If you need them, consult with your dr/drs.

User image

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo