Community post

Question

What's the best stuff to use to get pregnant

Well, I'm not exactly new here, been with my partner for over a year and started trying recently. I have P. C. O. S and long cycles. Since the covid thing I've contemplated whether or not it would be a good idea to try again but decided its time. Would like to know what things would increase the chances of this from people with past or recent success stories from the stuff you've used.

I have sciatica as well so hence the other reason we took a break for the past few months. Please don't judge. I've been trying on and off for the past 12 years.

6 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by laughs)

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Hey girl. No one on here is here to judge as we all lead different lives and everyone's body is different. I'm sorry I can't answer your question as I don't have pcos. I am currently pregnant (1 month) with my third. We used pre-seed and I was taking vitamines that I bought off conceiveasy.com (both pregnancies). Once I got pregnant, then I take the prenatal vitamines. This time around, I just took the prenatal vitamines and no pre-seed as hubby didn't like it.

User image[/url]

3 years ago

I have PCOS as well, and the main thing with that is to be sure you’re ovulating. Part of my problem was the long cycles as well as not actually releasing an egg. The only thing that worked for me was Clomid through my obgyn. I have one son who is almost 11 and we tried for 2 years to get pregnant with him before finally going to the doctor. After that it was 2 cycles of Clomid. There are lots of options and you may not even need them, but I would suggest having you it doctor monitor a cycle so they can be sure you’re ovulating. Wishing you all the luck in the world!!!!

3 years ago

Hey there! I have PCOS and has fairly regular cycles which my doctor said was because I followed a low carb diet. For some reason (I think it has to do with insulin resistance) if you have mild PCOS like me, you can control it somewhat through diet. Ultimately I did need medical intervention to get and stay pregnant after 2 miscarriages. They put me on metformin for the PCOS and progesterone suppositories after ovulation. Throughout my ttc journey, I also took prenatal vitamins, baby aspirin, co enzyme q10, b6, b12, vitamin c, zinc, magnesium, calcium and vitex. We used pre seed and I charted my bbt religiously and used the digital ovulation test. The ovulation test didn’t work ever month, I could usually pinpoint O just by checking Cervical fluid and position and then confirm with bbt. I conceived 7/11/2019 and my baby girl is 8 weeks old today! I wish you good luck in your journey!

3 years ago

I don't know if you have it, but in my country supplement named Inofolic is doing miracles for women TTC with PCOS.

User image

3 years ago

Hi there! I have no experience with pcos personally, but I know of a lot of women who have had great success in achieving better hormone balance with pcos by working with a naturopath (a good evidence based one, not a homeopathic snake oil selling one lol) and good a reproductive endocrinologist. All the things Lissa mentioned are also very helpful for TTC in general! My own personal best advice - get a wearable bbt thermometer. Tracking your bbt reliably and consistently will provide excellent insight as to what your hormones are doing and really help your providers put the puzzle pieces together with you, and you will be able to confirm if and when you are ovulating. I use a Tempdrop, which is the simplest and most affordable option, and does not subject you to any unnecessary radiation like other wearable health tech (like fitbits, etc)

3 years ago

Hiya, welcome!
I think I have PCOS and it took 22 months of actively trying to conceive ds#1(this was 5 years ago) we want for an early scan with that pregnancy and they told me I was likely to have pcos but was never confirmed by GP.
So in the last 5 years I have not been on the pill and we were just seeing what happened. I was however getting really anxious about it all so started doing some research to actively ttc #2 (I'm a control freak).
There was great recommendations for inofolic on a lot of the US sights but I found it was difficult to access over here. So I went for something similar called My Ova Plus and also took seven seas ttc vitamins. I also found an amazing Ovulation monitor called MyLotus Fertility Monitor and it actually tells you your LH in numbers so no guessing with lines on OPK's.
We are now delighted to say we got our BFP in month 1 of using these things together.
Sorry for the massive post .
I hope you get your BFP very soon! Xx

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo