Community post

Question

EWCM at 4 DPO

Hi there! I am currently 4 DPO and not exclusively trying at the moment however I still use OPKs to track ovulation. I am currently 4DPO according to when I got a positive OPK but I am STILL getting EWCM and cramping. Is this normal? Anyone else had this?

MRSLEE+3

4 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Did you confirm ovulation with a bbt temp rise? If not your body could've attempted an ovulation and had an LH surge, but didn't actually ovulate yet.

3 years ago

Definitely ovulated, not only did I have the LH surge but so also had my usual ovulation cramping and pimples. I'm no longer experiencing my regular O symptoms except the EWCM.

MRSLEE+3

3 years ago • Post starter

That does sound promising! I'm not sure what would cause ewcm at this point, aside from an estrogen imbalance/low progesterone (progesterone should be high enough to suppress ewcm production after ovulation.) Bbt would give helpful insight in that regard. Not to be a party pooper, but all of your normal symptoms could still happen in a failed ovulation as well! The only way to know for sure if you really did ovulate is ultrasound or observing bbt throughout your cycle.

3 years ago

I guess I just don't want to admit it could be failed ovulation. I've had a good opk progression a peak and then it's gone negative again and not come back so far. When I was pregnant with my son my EWCM never stopped from ovulation to birth so I'm still a little hopeful.

MRSLEE+3

3 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo