Community post

Journal

1 day late but don't think I'm pregnant (and out of tests)

This is a strange situation to be in. So many times, I've gotten to 12-13 dpo feeling all sorts of symptoms and thinking I was pregnant even though I wasn't and AF would show up on 13 dpo. I usually always have a big stack of tests and take way to many of them way too early. So this is uncharted territory for me. We've decided to take a break in TTC (after 2 miscarriages last year) because we are moving oversea in 6 weeks and with the current health concern, travelling internationally while pregnant is probably not the best idea (plus I need all the energy I can get so I can take care of 2 very active children, try to finish my studies for the year and get ready to move half way across the world!). So we're sort of being careful but I had a surprise BFP last month (we were very excited about it) which turned out to be a CP. AF started on 18 dpo and was very normal. Then I got my typical signs of O exactly when I usually get them (EWCM...etc.). The day after what I think was O day (not temping), we BDed (at night). I figured it was long enough after O (24 + hrs) that it was probably ok. If I got my dates right I am now 14 dpo, the day is pretty much over (AF usually shows up on 13 dpo but 14 dpo has happened before) and no AF! I also don't feel pregnant at all. Last months, I pretty much knew before I got the BFP. I had very clear symptoms starting 8-9 dpo. This months, nothing. I even got AF cramps yesterday and this morning (the type I usually get an hour or 2 before AF) but no AF. I am completely out of tests obviously otherwise I would have taken one. I've experienced some grief lately so I am wondering if that can cause AF to be late. I've never been late unless I was pregnant. I guess I may just have my dates wrong and it's a weird cycle because of the CP last month.

29 Comments • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

1 - 10 of 29 Comments | Last Page

Hey girl. Have you been temping at all? Or do you check your cervix? Could give you some infornation. Or is it possible to have a close friend drop one off for you and not say anything? Good luck

User image[/url]

3 years ago

Agatch hi babe! First of I’m so very sorry for last cycles cp I had no idea!
As dragonfly said if you take your temp could say something. From my experience if AF is around the corner then your temps should be kinda low. As for cervix I’m not so sure since I had high cervix in the pas just hours Before AF.
I really hope you’ll get the results you’re wishing for very soon!

User image

3 years ago

Thanks ladies! Drangonfly congrats on your BFP!!
Still no AF. No I haven’t been temping and was thinking it might not help much because it usually drops only the day AF shows up but stays high until then. I’m not sure what I am wishing for. Ultimately, I want a healthy baby. I agree cervix won’t tell me much. It’s been really high until an hour before AF for me too. I’m just going to have to go buy a test but I don’t want to tell my husband because I don’t want to get his hopes up again. He was pretty disappointed last cycle about the CP even though he felt a bit relieved too because of the timing. We’re still under stay-at-home order here so I haven’t been going to the store very often. I’ll probably need to go over the weekend though so I’ll pick one up then or will see if I can get one tomorrow through Amazon

3 years ago • Post starter

Well apparently Amazon can deliver a pregnancy test in 4 hrs! I’m a bit shocked but the line is so faint I am not getting my hopes up. If I am really 15 dpo today (or even just 14), it’s too faint of a line to be good. I usually always have an undeniable line by 10 dpo. I never use this brand though but strangely enough it is the test I used when I got my very first BFP (for my daughter over 6 years ago) and I tested on 13 dpo but the line was darker than this one. I guess we’ll see. There were 2 tests in the pack so I’ll wait a couple of days and test again.

user submitted image

I hope it’s a sticky little one. It’s very possible that you ovulated a few days late after your chemical. With my chemical a few months back I ovulated 2 days later than usual.

User image

3 years ago

I'm in the same boat hun. Yesterday's FRER was dark (in person) and when I tested this morning and then my heart sank as it was fainter than yesterday. All day at work I was having heart palpatations and doing the stairs had me so winded and more symptoms. Keep thinking about the "what-ifs" and I slowly made myself believe that it was a faulty test; as when I got home from work, I got the courage to look at it again. The line dried darker and it was wider than the test line. Not sure what that means. Reason behind the cervix check is even though sometimes mine is high, but the entrance is wider. To me, that is an indication that I am out that month. Hope the next test it's darker. I'm not testing again till my period is late; which will be latest Monday, earliest would be tomorrow. Booked my doctor's appointment for Monday morning. Have to stay busy all weekend and pray she don't show her ugly face. Good luck and I'm praying your lines will be darker. #girlpower

User image[/url]

3 years ago

Agatch Congratulations babe! keeping everything crossed for a sticky baby and a healthy pregnancy!!

User image

3 years ago

Thank you! Nothing to do but wait now. Dragonfly I hope you get good news on Monday. I’ll wait until I’m closer to 8 weeks to go to the doctor. I don’t think they’d see me any earlier anyway. Alex, babe, thanks for always being there for me! It sounds like you have a doctor who is actually listening to you and trying to help now. That’s great news and I hope with all my heart that you you become a mom very soon!

Well I think it’s another CP. I just tested again (with a different brand -cheap dollar store test) and I can barely see a line. Much much fainter than yesterday

Agatch- congrats! Anyways, i also used a dollar store cheapie 3 years ago at 14dpo and the line was extremely faint. (Pic in photos of profile). I then went to confirm it with a center a few days and they said the line was blazing pink. Tbh I think it's just the test itself.

User image

3 years ago • Edited

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo