Community post

Question

When to try after miscarriage

View Full Post

I miscarried last week at 9 weeks 2 days. Baby only measured 6+2 and the sac only 5+4- so it was a pretty easy miscarriage. I switched doctors in the middle of all of this. The first doctor said I could being trying again immediately. My current doctor advised me to wait for 1 normal period. I emailed the clinic to verify which was preferable, and was told that it’s fine to start trying again immediately. A lot of the things I have read say that the main reason to wait is for dating purposes. I have irregular cycles anyway, so this doesn’t really help with dating, and I track ovulation.

My question is: would you choose to follow your current doctors suggestion, or would you go ahead and try right away as the 2 others said it was okay? I feel so conflicted.

User image

13 Answers • 3 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

11 - 13 of 13 Answers

I also used progesterone (as soon as dr confirmed ovulation with a scan) and baby aspirine (once I had a positive pregnancy test). This way I did no miscarriaged any more.

3 years ago

I would say start trying again. If your body isn’t ready then you have nothing to lose. If it is you have everything to gain.

3 years ago

Kahlan+NatsMomma - So sorry for your losses, especially this last one. MMCs are so hard. If I were you, I'd try whenever I felt ready. As long as the doctor says it is safe for you, and you feel ready... you can do it!

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo